Hello

Poobah

Hi everyone. my name is Chris and I'm a new member here. I've been stalking the site for quite a while to research. my wife and I are considering a road warrior 427. really like the floor plan. I did have a couple questions. des it have hydraulic or electric landing gear? and is there underbed storage? thanks in advance...

danemayer

Hi Poobah,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The HeartlandRVs.com website shows the RW 427 as having the 6 point hydraulic leveling system as standard.

I'm sure another 427 owner can answer the question about underbed storage.

Rhyph

The 427 has the Lippert 6-point hydraulic leveling system. All of the landing gear, front, mid-ship and rear are hydraulic.

TomNRae

Hi everyone. my name is Chris and I'm a new member here. I've been stalking the site for quite a while to research. my wife and I are considering a road warrior 427. really like the floor plan. I did have a couple questions. des it have hydraulic or electric landing gear? and is there underbed storage? thanks in advance...

Hi Poobah! My husband and I bought the 427 back in August and are living in it full-time - so far we love it! Everyone is correct about the hydraulic landing gear and as far as underbed storage - there is a drawer that pulls out at the foot of the bed (by the bathroom door). Unfortunately the bed doesn't lift up to provide any additional storage. Right now we're using that drawer for all of our shoes. :)

Poobah

thanks so much for the information. we sat down with a salesman and had him start an order for one. however, after looking this order form over, I have more questions. the brochure says the RT package includes a central vac system, and a garage TV. my order worksheet doesn't show either. instead it shows under added options a dyson cordless vacuum and garage TV. and it also states the sidewall color as "oyster" but RT package is supposed to be gray metallic? can anyone help to clarify this stuff?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I suspect the Dyson has replaced the central vac (we love our cordless Dyson). You can call Heartland customer service ask for a member of the Road Warrior team and they can answer any questions you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomNRae

thanks so much for the information. we sat down with a salesman and had him start an order for one. however, after looking this order form over, I have more questions. the brochure says the RT package includes a central vac system, and a garage TV. my order worksheet doesn't show either. instead it shows under added options a dyson cordless vacuum and garage TV. and it also states the sidewall color as "oyster" but RT package is supposed to be gray metallic? can anyone help to clarify this stuff?

Do not trust the salesman!!! Our sales man told us that all RT packages came with the Artic (Yeti) package so when we found our floor plan with the three season doors as an RT we didn't think twice about checking for it. Totally our fault for not triple checking, but definitely a reminder not to trust the sales person whole heartedly.

I'd call Heartland and talk to an area rep. Our rig does have the garage tv and the grey paint scheme, but I can't recall how they had it listed in the spec sheet.

danemayer

Hi Poobah,

One of the things you're probably dealing with is mid-year changes. In preparation for the giant Hershey, PA annual RV show, and the Elkhart open house for dealers, both happening around now, Heartland often makes changes to lead or respond to competition. Brochures never keep up. And it can take a little time for the website to catch up.

To get the most current info, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for the Toy Hauler sales team.

Since you're in Indiana, you might also want to ask to be scheduled for a factory tour so you can see how the units are built.

Poobah

Awesome. Thanks again for all the response. Danemayer,I never even thought to call heartland direct! we will doing that tomorrow. we were discussing the tour last night. planning to go to the Indianapolis RV & Boat show this weekend. hoping they have a 427 there as we would really like to see that floor plan in person before we commit. thanks again for all the input. much appreciated.

Rhyph

The carpet in the RW is a loose pile carpet. It tends to lay down a look a bit matted after a couple days of being walked on. We have both the central vac and a Dyson for it's beater bar attachment to re-fluff the carpet and deep clean it. The central vac does not come with one. Just something to consider in your endeavors.