Help....!!!!!! A stressed out newbie

whp4262

Good Sam membership gives you the discounts at camping world but even with the discounts they are expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Good Sam membership gives you the discounts at camping world but even with the discounts they are expensive.

True . . . but almost always cheaper than at the dealership's parts store or any other camping store out there . . .

steve8003

An update from the "stressed out Newbie".....STILL WAITING for my unit to get out of the shop Camping World tells me the Warranty parts are on track to be delivered 11/30 I just can not believe that the factory would take so long to get parts out to their dealers ......there goes a chance for using my unit
on a long weekend over the Thanksgiving holidays

danemayer

An update from the "stressed out Newbie".....STILL WAITING for my unit to get out of the shop Camping World tells me the Warranty parts are on track to be delivered 11/30 I just can not believe that the factory would take so long to get parts out to their dealers ......there goes a chance for using my unit
on a long weekend over the Thanksgiving holidays

Hi steve8003,

My experience is that RV manufacturers and suppliers opt for lower-cost ground shipping that can take 7-10 days depending on where you're located. The factory or other supplier may also take a few days to process the order. The dealer often takes several days or a week to even get the order placed, and several more days to schedule repairs after the parts are received. Add more time if you need something like "the entire back skin" because that may have to be manufactured - it's not likely to be in stock in a parts department. Many dealers won't schedule the repairs until all the parts are in hand. And as some have experienced, sometimes dealers don't order the right part and have to place a follow-up order.

If you add up the dealer time to place the order, the manufacturer time to process, the shipping time, the dealer receiving time, it's not hard to see that a month or more could easily go by. It's possible to get things moving faster, but you need a lot of cooperation from the dealer, and you may have to be willing to pay for expedited shipping charges.

Nobody likes it, but this seems to be the norm for the RV industry.

steve8003

Thank you for the information.....

Since i have only got to use it once since purchasing, it is just frustrating to be paying for a unit that is sitting in a shop for issues that came with it from the factory ...!!

I am going to have to dip into my own handyman bag of skills to keep it on the road once I get it back......... luckily I have most of all the skill sets needed............... but dang.......

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
One thing I would double check is the parts were even ordered. You can call Heartland and give them your VIN and who ordered the part and they can tell you if it was ordered and when it will be shipped. I found on a couple of times a dealer told me they ordered parts and when I checked they had not been ordered. Keep after the dealer as those who make the most noise usually get out first.

TxCowboy

Not to bash on CW or any other vendor but, if you're having warranty work done on your RV, you can call HL directly (have your VIN handy) and ask if any parts has been ordered, when the parts shipped, and what the tracking numbers are. Then you can know exactly what the status is of your repair parts.

It helps keep "honest people honest" when you know the same or more than the service department folks about the status of your repair parts.

steve8003

Thank you guys for the information on checking on the parts myself........just got off phone with Heartland and as fate would have it the woman I spoke with was incidentally working on my parts order THAT SHE JUST GOT IN!!!!!!!!
Thanks Camping World......and the lady who was very helpful said they were slammed in the warehouse so I could expect 7-10 days before shipping.........this sis after I was told parts HAD Been Ordered........
Looks like I will need to find another source for any work on my unit from a warranty standpoint

TxCowboy

Steve, at least you found out the truth about what is going on with your warranty work and knowing that is half the battle. Now you can talk with your service tech from a position of knowledge about what the fact are.

Good for you! :)

DaveTyler

Hello Steve, Glad to see new people on the forum. Owning a Heartland and being on this forum is the best thing! From my experience, by owning a Heartland you can call the service department at the factory and talk to some good guys and even think they let a girl in. They even return phone calls. The thing I like is that they will send you the parts and you install them or you can get a mobile repair person to come to your place and Heartland will cover that. Maybe not mileage. Once you join the Owners and go to a few rallies you will meet new folks with lots of knowledge who are very generous. Not to make you feel better but all has had similar problems, if they say they haven't, don't think I would trust them! To be honest I would not ever go to dealer again, one reason 350 miles away, but because I think I can do most what they can do or find someone here that can help me. Hope to meet you someday. Good luck to you! Dave

jbeletti

Hello Steve, Glad to see new people on the forum. Owning a Heartland and being on this forum is the best thing! From my experience, by owning a Heartland you can call the service department at the factory and talk to some good guys and even think they let a girl in. They even return phone calls. The thing I like is that they will send you the parts and you install them or you can get a mobile repair person to come to your place and Heartland will cover that. Maybe not mileage. Once you join the Owners and go to a few rallies you will meet new folks with lots of knowledge who are very generous. Not to make you feel better but all has had similar problems, if they say they haven't, don't think I would trust them! To be honest I would not ever go to dealer again, one reason 350 miles away, but because I think I can do most what they can do or find someone here that can help me. Hope to meet you someday. Good luck to you! Dave

Dave - thanks for the kind words. On a visit to Elkhart recently, Cookie (Dave H) was with me and I wanted him to meet the Customer Service team that handles his home state of Wisconsin. As we passed all the pods of cubicles, I was pleasantly surprised at how many female employees we have in this area. Years back, it was all guys. Happy to see the mix we have now.

Oregon_Camper

Thank you guys for the information on checking on the parts myself........just got off phone with Heartland and as fate would have it the woman I spoke with was incidentally working on my parts order THAT SHE JUST GOT IN!!!!!!!! Thanks Camping World......and the lady who was very helpful said they were slammed in the warehouse so I could expect 7-10 days before shipping.........this sis after I was told parts HAD Been Ordered........

I just don't understand why CW can't even order parts on time. What's so hard about placing product orders with Heartland and getting them shipped ASAP?

I can take bad news from just about anyone....telling me things are late...etc. What I can't stand is being lied to!! Just stand up and tell the truth...don't lie and hide behind issues.

buddyboy

We have begun every conversation with "When will you put the parts order into Heartland?" Then we say "Okay, we'll give Heartland a call the next morning so we can answer any questions Heartland might have and find out when you'll be getting the parts."

We also have a copy of the parts list emailed or faxed to us "for our records". Everyone is then on the same page. We're not saying we don't trust the repair facility, but acting as an involved owner. We've found omissions from the parts list as well as incorrect parts listed.

Not saying this will work for everyone, just that it works for us.

steve8003

I agree 110% I can not stand to be lied to......I may have to change this thread name to " Help......!!!!!!!! A ****** off Newbie".......
Probably what irritates me the most is their casual attitude to keeping my unit so long.....I would think they would like to get it repaired and out of their storage yard......
and it gets my blood pressure up thinking about all the great opportunities I am missing to be using it.....I really love this rig it fits my family's needs perfectly hope to see you folks on the road.....someday

- - - Updated - - -

thanks I can see that dealing with CW is a CYA type of relationship.....!!!!!

buddyboy

Been my experience that people will work more effectively and efficiently when they are answerable to someone who has an expectation of results. CW doesn't have a great rep regarding both quality or timeliness of repairs, but we've had (thus far) good experiences with the one here in Myrtle Beach. Is it our involved approach or is it that this CW breaks the mold? Don't know, but we're not changing our approach to find out! LOL!

Good luck with your repairs. Trust, but verify.

steve8003

Quick question, which CG do you like in the Myrtle Beach area.....I love the area but only stayed at the Ponderosa in N Myrtle before they were sold (that sure dates me)

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Quick question, which CG do you like in the Myrtle Beach area.....I love the area but only stayed at the Ponderosa in N Myrtle before they were sold (that sure dates me)

We stay at the Myrtle Beach Travel Park. Unless you want to stay up around the lake/in the woods the sites are all pull thrus with easy in and out. Ocean front, pools, quiet,no golf carts racing up and down the streets, closer to N Myrtle Beach than downtown Myrtle.

buddyboy

We live here, but have heard good things about MB KOA & Cypress Camping Resort. Neither are on the beach, but Cypress is on the Intercoastal waterway and the KOA is only a couple of blocks from the ocean.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Steve, call HL back and have them find you an independent service shop near you that will accept HL warranty. HL does this all the time.