Help landing gear stopped working

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
According to Sundance there is an inline fuse near the motor on the rear stabilizers. I've been unable to locate one as also has the local Sundance dealer who verified indeed the motor itself is bad. New motor in work under warranty.

Lesson learned........don't retract ANY stabilizer to the stops.

Good point but how do you know you went too far until it stops? (fuse or motor fries)
Answer is paint limit lines on the legs when the unit is new and connected/ supported to the truck. We learned this the hard way like many others.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
According to Sundance there is an inline fuse near the motor on the rear stabilizers. I've been unable to locate one as also has the local Sundance dealer who verified indeed the motor itself is bad. New motor in work under warranty.

If you don't have a in-line fuse you best add one or the same problem will happen again. (note: the fuse is hidden away on most units)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Don't know how many times I have read this similar issue on the forum. Seems like by this time Heartland would come up with a fix so their customers would not have this aggravation. IMHO

bridosh

Had my rear stab motor replaced under warranty and also had an inline fuse added. So far so good.

TheWhites

This just happened to us on our 2010 Sundance 3300FB on our first time out (this weekend) as well! I spent time checking the breakers and fuse panel not finding anything. I didn't realize there was an inline fuse near the battery. I spent 10 minutes cranking the manual crank in 90+ degree hot humid weather. Then the motor casing started moving and twisting when cranking and the casing cracked. What a frustrating 1st trip with our new unit. I love the cosmetic look and quality, but we had a number of issues on a first trip with a new unit. Somewhat dissappointing. I love this forum. It looks like a great resource for identifying common issues. Thanks to everyone for your posts!

wdk450

Re: How much can the legs safely extend?
The manual is in the Heartland Tools link at the top of this page under "Suspension" then "Jacks" then "Venture". The maximum extension spec on the 2nd page is 20 inches.

noobee

This just happened to us on our 2010 Sundance 3300FB on our first time out (this weekend) as well! I spent time checking the breakers and fuse panel not finding anything. I didn't realize there was an inline fuse near the battery. I spent 10 minutes cranking the manual crank in 90+ degree hot humid weather. Then the motor casing started moving and twisting when cranking and the casing cracked. What a frustrating 1st trip with our new unit. I love the cosmetic look and quality, but we had a number of issues on a first trip with a new unit. Somewhat dissappointing. I love this forum. It looks like a great resource for identifying common issues. Thanks to everyone for your posts!

Because of having the same on-going problem(s) with my unit, I replaced the lift system with an independent system from Ultra-Fab.