HELP. Landing gear switch broke

vicrider

I have a 2012 3685 and the landing gear switch took a dump. The nearest parts place gave me a switch with 2 of the 6 connections jumped. That's fine there are only Blue, Yellow, Green and red on the trailer wiring. But seems in any configuration it's not elevating. I hear motors buzzing when pressing the switch but nothing happening with height of trailer.
The original switch has 6 connections with the red and the blue having jumpers so those 2 wires occupied 4 of the connections if that makes sense.
Also can't seem to find where I can manually raise and lower the hydraulic front jacks from?? Anyone out there with some knowledge of this would be appreciated.
Vicrider

danemayer

I've attached a wiring diagram that may help.

Attachments

• DPDT DC-motor-reversing-switch-schematic-wiring-diagram-285x275.jpg
    DPDT DC-motor-reversing-switch-schematic-wiring-diagram-285x275.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 67

vicrider

So pump is running but landing gear not moving up our down. No fuses or breakers out. Switch is running pump. Any other ideas?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

vicrider

Tried to use drill in pump to move jacks but that doesn't do anything either.

danemayer

Two things have to happen. The pump has to run, and the hydraulic valve has to open. There should be wires from the switch to the landing gear control valve. If operating manually with a drill, you need to open and close the valve using an Allen wrench. Running the drill in one direction extends. Reversing direction retracts.

Lippert 071 about half way down in this folder has the manual override procedure.

vicrider

Thanks Dan your always so helpful. I jumped it finally and got it so I can connect tomorrow!
Thx again.

vicrider

Dan, sorry to keep bothering you but still can't get it. To make this go either way, i have to connect blue & red together and either green(up) or yellow(down). I have tried the jumper wires B&R in the positions on your diagram and the Y&G in the others, all I get is the solenoid on the ram clicking.

84daa5d84d225b631af6147ad7084f8c.jpg

danemayer

I don't think I can help with the color coding of the wires - you may have to trace them to see what goes where. But the attached diagram may help. The switch is dual pole. One side operates the pump. The other side operates the control valve. There should be some jumpers on the switch as shown.

Attachments

• Lippert Landing Gear Wiring notated.pdf
    135.5 KB · Views: 64

vicrider

Dan, this did it!!! This is how it goes. It works!
Do you ever get to Oregon coast, SW Washington, or Tucson Arizona area? If you're ever in the sw in winter or the NW in the summer I'll buy you a case of beer, a bottle of your choice or a nice dinner.
Thanks again,
Scott