Help please first trailer purchase

Hi guys, my wife and I just put a deposit down on a used 2015 road warrior 310 tonight. I haven't seen any review on this model on here, it's the small 5th wheel toy hauler. Any info or suggestions would help! Also can I pull it with my truck? I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HDwith e 6.6L duramax with the Allison tranny? Any info or suggestions would be wonderful, this is our first trailer purchase!
thanks everyone!
-Charlie Williams-

danemayer

Hi Hondarider2fast4u,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Road Warrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure you'll get comments from other 310 owners shortly along with some advice on your truck.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hi guys, my wife and I just put a deposit down on a used 2015 road warrior 310 tonight. I haven't seen any review on this model on here, it's the small 5th wheel toy hauler. Any info or suggestions would help! Also can I pull it with my truck? I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HDwith e 6.6L duramax with the Allison tranny? Any info or suggestions would be wonderful, this is our first trailer purchase!
thanks everyone!
-Charlie Williams-

I hate to say this but isn't it a little late to ask these questions. But to help you out, yes your 2500 should be able to pull it but to sure I would look on the door of the truck to check out the weight ratings. Then look at the sticker on the front off door side of the trailer to see the weight ratings. That will tell you if the truck can haul the weight. You can also ask the dealer to help you out with this info.

Bones

thanks everyone!
-Charlie Williams-
The diesel won't have any issues pulling the trailer but your truck itself more than likely will be overloaded. As it was stated earlier check you load capacities and pin weight and all cargo you plan on carrying.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
you more than likely will want to install airbags in the rear. they make a big difference

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
A 2005 2500 with the D/A combo is rated at 22K GCVW. I know I had one. The truck weighs in about 7K +/-. What is the GVW on the RW?? If it's over 14K....you are over loaded.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Clif, now the OP has a problem. He needs a 3500 DRW truck, and a non-commercial CDL license. The CHP in Ca. does not play games with under sized trucks pulling TH'ers. I bet the dealer told this young man "his truck will be legal" with the RW.