Help. Possible clogged valve.

Gaffer

Went out to dump the black tank this morning and found that last time, I had left all the valves open. It took awhile but the black tank rinser seems to have cleared what was in the bottom of the black tank. DW was worried that the kitchen grey tank or valve may be clogged and is afraid to use the kitchen sink. My thinking is that it is unlikely for any solids (paper or otherwise) to have had an effect on the gray tanks or valves. I have little confidence in the tank level light as I hace seen it resister as being fairly full just after dumping. Grey tank 2 indicator light currently reads 3 lights out of 4. I don't know if there is water in there or not.

Brandon.Prewitt

Re: Help. Possible clocked valve.

Clogging the black tank should have no effect on the grey tanks especially since you think you've cleared it and there is a slim chance of clogging the line after each tank. Always close the black tank valve before you open the grey, as well as close the grey before you open the black.

I dont trust the guages either. Mine are always wrong.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Have you tried the gray valves to see if they close? Just close both gray valves and run water in the kitchen sink first. Run it for at least 5 to 10 minutes then pull the valve. Repeat with the vanity sink. I guess I'm assuming you have a clear adapter for your sewer hose. A very important aid in making sure your black tank is flushed clean.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader

Pj,
Get either some "Elemonate" for the grey tanks, or if you can't find it, just use dishwasher detergent and some calgon water softener and see if you can fill the grey tanks with some warm water then just let sit for awhile and drain. I can't imagine you'll have any issues from the grey tanks other than maybe a little grease / organics build ups, which the detergent should take care of. Get a good digester like Kronen gold, or Pure Power Blue and let it sit in the black tank for awhile with a little water at the bottom and you should be fine.
I second Ray's suggestion of the clear adapter. It's my second most recommended accessory, right after that twist-on valve for the end of the system. Good luck and see you guys soon!

Brandon.Prewitt

I added the clear elbo as well, what I don't like about it is it's horizontal almost pointing upward and traps water. Worried this may freeze on me. It wont connect at a 45, and i dont want it pointing down.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I added the clear elbo as well, what I don't like about it is it's horizontal almost pointing upward and traps water. Worried this may freeze on me. It wont connect at a 45, and i dont want it pointing down.
I had a similar issue with my connection. I cut the OEM connector off and put a new one on and glued it so that either way, left or right, it was level. I also use a 45 degree elbow. Now I'm able to get a good flow either way and the 45 degree elbow make it easier to clear the tires if the parks connector is to the rear.

Gaffer

I have the clear adapter. Been using a lot of water each flush and ran the black tank sprayer quite awhile. Don't thing I have all the solids out yet but have gotten past the point of anything to worry about.
Thanks for the poste suggestions.
PJ

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader

PJ,
the next time you're going to move, dump about 5 gallons of water and a big bag of ice down the toilet. Drive to your next stop, fill the tank and flush. The ice should break up anything left, then just melt.