HELP! Tropical Storm coming and now I have a Low Voltage on LCI and Slideouts now inop

Prairiedog

Hi everyone,

I've read alot from other folks who seem to have similar issues, but could use some one-on-one help if anyone has the time.

I'm full-timing near the Gulf Coast in a 2014 BH3610 but was gone for 3.5 weeks (military). Shut everything down but left the battery on. When I got back and plugged everything in, the battery was showing full on the main readout inside and I was able to re-level the camper and get all the slide outs out...almost. The bedroom slide is 80% out and then it stopped. Got the low voltage alarm/message on the LCI readout and now everything is dead as a doornail as far as slideouts go. Everything else is working ok. Battery still shows full, but that can't be right.

So, my question is: now what? Do I wait for the camper to charge the battery (its on 50amp here at the campsite) or do I go and replace the battery? Or, is it even the battery now or could something else have triggered or busted? I've checked the fuse inside and reset the breaker (inside)...and nothing has changed. The fuse does not show that its blown.

I've also looked for a reset switch of some sort near the buss board by the battery but couldn't find one, but that's what folks referenced for their Landmarks. Not sure if the BHs have the same issue, or the same setup.

Again, any help would be great.

My thanks!
Rob
"The Prairiedog"

danemayer

Hi Prairiedog,

The battery will charge IF the converter is working and the circuit breaker between the converter and the battery is not tripped. The reset button is teeny tiny and very easy to miss. It's slightly larger than a flyspeck and most of us old guys have trouble seeing it. But you should be able to feel it if you run your fingers along the bottom edge of the breakers. I've attached a picture.

Also, if the battery voltage is low from being drained, I believe the hydraulic pump will pull more amps to make up for the low voltage, which may trip the 12V breaker supplying power to the pump. That breaker should automatically reset in a few seconds. That breaker is also located on the buss bar.

Here's a link to the 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide, which has a diagram showing the various parts and some diagnostic flowcharts.

If your battery is not charged, you may be able to operate the hydraulics by running jumper cables from your truck to the RV battery. Run the truck on high idle and be certain you're hooking up the cables to the correct terminals.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 28

Prairiedog

Dan/Ann,

Nailed it! Holy smokes, I would have never found that!!! I looked all over that bar and never knew what to look for (was looking for a different type of toggle, apparently). In any case, slides are back up and running, as is the LCI system. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You know, after I wrote my first entry, a gentleman came up to me in the military campground I'm staying at and asked me about the Bighorn. I told him that I looked for months and months, but in the end...it was the customer service and HL community that sold me. What another great example of camaraderie and support. My humblest thanks once again!

Have a great weekend!

danemayer

Glad to hear it's okay.

Depending on where you are, you might want to think about temporarily relocating out of the storm's path. Fill up the truck and if you're going to get out, get out ahead of the traffic.

priorguy

This thread is gonna help me out too. Yesterday I went to winterize my NT and the front power jacks wouldn't move. I had to manually crank them up so I could slope the trailer to the rear for gravity snow removal. Next time I'm up there I'll try to reset the breaker.
Owners forum does it again, and this time I didn't have to ask the question yet.

wdk450

Do you know if your 12 volt batteries were working? I would worry about them in the cold temperatures.

I bought 2 of these very small, self-contained D.C. voltmeters for next to nothing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5-30V-Dig...114?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd1839c3a
I mounted one of them on my control panel wired to the systems monitor "Test" switch so that it gives me a digital battery voltage reading when I press the "Test" switch; the other I put in the hydraulic slides pump area, the negative wire connected to the negative terminal of the relay, the positive wire hanging free. When I want to check voltage in the hydraulic pump/battery area I simply connect the voltmeter's red wire to a hot terminal on the hydraulic pump relay.