Hensley Trailer saver or Trailair Pin Box

jhardin

I would like to get some opinions on the 18000# Hensley Trailer Saver and the 18000# Trail air w/rollers. I am thinking of getting one or the other. I have the Firestone Air Bags on my suspension. Would either one make a differance on the bouncing and chucking? If you have one or the other or both, please let me know how you like them. The king pin box I have now is the standard bolt on, metal on metal. There is a big differance in the price so all opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Pizzaguy

I have both. I had the TrailAir tri-glide pinbox for the first couple years. It does help quite a bit. I then purchased the TS3 hitch and it was again a huge improvement. You will still feel the bumps in your truck when you hit them, but just once and not a second time when the RV hits them. My recommendation would be to buy the hitch first. I know they are expensive,but it is worth it and will save the abuse on the camper. Also if you trade campers you already have the hitch and don't have to worry if the pinbox will fit the new one. Keep an eye out on craigslist for the hitch also. That is how I found mine. It was like brand new and was owned by my father's co worker who we have known for many years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Westwind

Trailer Saver BD-3 - because I have a 35 Ft. FW that is pin heavy ( 2300+lbs) and my BD-3 handles the bumps great, yes you do hit them but most of the time you marvel at the ride - it does spare the trailer from a lot of pounding from the roads. Were I in the market again it would be another BD-3, it's a well made product and the company stands behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would look at getting the larger hitch. You will end up upgrading at some point.
I would like to get some opinions on the 18000# Hensley Trailer Saver and the 18000# Trail air w/rollers. I am thinking of getting one or the other. I have the Firestone Air Bags on my suspension. Would either one make a differance on the bouncing and chucking? If you have one or the other or both, please let me know how you like them. The king pin box I have now is the standard bolt on, metal on metal. There is a big differance in the price so all opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jerry

SilverRhino

I like our TSLB 32K hitch ..... really helps eliminate the stress on the coach based on our heavy truck suspension.

AAdams

We also have the Hensley TS3, great hitch. We went with the hitch vs the pin in case we traded trailers, which we ended up doing a few months later.