Here's what I learned this weekend

rick_debbie_gallant

How or why do you have four dump valves on your rig, Rick? My 2009 BH3670RL only has 3. Two grays and one black.

two gray, one black and one master dump at the end of the line... With the master dump valve i dont have gallons of goo on my shoes when I take off the cover. If I do have some leakage it is only a few ounces of stuff.

Miller0758

I may be mistaken and will need to double check but I also had questions about the grey and black tanks on my 2009 BC3490 and reached out to the factory. I have 1.5 baths and have 3 dump valves up front and 1 in the rear. In the front I have 2 grey valves, one for a kitchen sink grey tank and one for a bath and shower grey tank. I also have 1 for the black tank. For the rear half bath, the diagram factory sent me shows 1 combo black/grey tank with 1 valve under the rear steps. By the way, this bathroom seems to always smell but that's for another post.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
two gray, one black and one master dump at the end of the line... With the master dump valve i dont have gallons of goo on my shoes when I take off the cover. If I do have some leakage it is only a few ounces of stuff.

I take that to mean you've added a twist-on valve to the sewer connection. My variant of that is to replace the original sewer cap with one that has a garden hose fitting on it. Onto that, I've added a simple in-line hose valve (with a cap). I can put a small container at the valve, open it, and any liquid in there is controlled. Once set up at the CG, I put on the clear backflush adapter, along with a twist-on valve.

So far, I've been fortunate in not having any valve leaks and only a small (less than a cup) of residual liquid behind the cap. With our previous TT, I was tempted to wear a Level A suit when taking the cap off (until I added the extra twist-on valve).

Bksvo

Valterra makes a nice blade valve that attaches to the outlet pipe in place of the cover. I think it was about $25, but well worth the price.

rick_debbie_gallant

When we did our PDI the person showing us said "the best thing you could buy is the clear valetera blade valve". He was correct.

It did however come off a fee time. I fixed that by putting a short sheet metal screw in the pipe so the valve would not turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rick, our 1st valve lasted about 50 miles. We left DNA for about 200 miles. Next one I "blue glued" on.

jasons09cyclone

The only time I get anything coming from the rear gray tank is when I use the washer and dryer... Other than that it will always be empty when I use the rear sink...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD