Hi Fellow Heartlanders from New Big Country Owners

FRANKV

Well, a month or so ago my dear wife mentions there's an upcoming local trailer show, my dog wakes me up a couple of days later early on a Sunday morning, I'll drink my coffee and remember what she said re: show, look up the details online, see it's the last day of the show, wake her up, off to the show, and barely a month later we have

a boatload of new debt,

a new trailer, Big Country 3355RL ("new" 2011 that was still sitting on the lot, guess that's why they discontinued that model ;)

and a new truck just to pull the new trailer, GMC Duramax dually, love it (though honestly all the big 3 are nice, came this close to buying a Ford).

We owned a Sunnybrook 30' TT before but hadn't used it much the last few years, this is our first 5th wheel and dually (need a crash course in backing this baby into the driveway without tearing up my neighbor's front lawn). The Big Country was a last minute decision after the dealer showed us this particular model, had already settled on a smaller Rockwood but are glad we looked one more time.

Found this forum and what a great resource. Already have lots of questions, will post those in separate posts in the relevant subforums, and hope to contribute as well and to meet some of you at the rallies.

Frank

jimtoo

Hi Frank and Pam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will love your new Big Country and GMC Duramax dually... great combination. Check out the forum,,, post your questions, ask for help... the Heartland family is here for you.

Also think about joining the Heartland Owners Club , lots of good benefits and check out the Heartland rallies in your area also. Lots of great people to meet and tons of good food to eat at a rally.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JJOren

Pam and Frank!

Welcome aboard!

Sometimes spur of the moment decisions are the best!!! We bought our first 5th wheel that way. Went looking to "kill a couple hours" on a Saturday morning. That was 14 years ago...LOL

The Big Country is a drop dead fine unit! You will really enjoy that! And the 3500 is a fantastic truck!!

As for that debt....just remember....I've never seen any U-haul trailers hitched to the back of a hearse on the way to a cemetery!!!!

Have fun!!

jjriker

What a great story!! Congrats and welcome to the forum. :eek: Maybe we will see you at one of the northeast Heartland rallies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Welcome from your neighbors in Virginia. You should consider joining the Owner's Club and attending a rally soon. The rally list and forum threads are on the "Portal" page of the forum. The Maryland Chapter is having a great one in August at Castaways RV Resort in Berlin (near Ocean City), and we have one in Virginia Beach in May. We'd love to see you at one of those. You should be hearing more from the Maryland Chapter leaders soon.

Welcome Pam and Frank to The Big Country and Heartland family.
You will get a lot of compliments on the looks of your unit.
Every park I go into everyone loves the Big Country look.
Like Jim says, this is a great family of owners, so don't be afraid to ask questions on any topic, or request help with a problem.
Again, welcome

Hockster

=====================================================================================================================================

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't worry, the place where the harpoon entered your body will only hurt for a few years. In the meantime, enjoy your new rig.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Congratulations on your purchase and becoming a Heartland owner! Consider becoming a Heartland Owners Club (HOC) member...you'll be glad you did!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Welcome to the family Pam & Frank! Seems to me we missed meeting you by one day! We were at the Timonium Show on Saturday with the Owners Club. Congrats on all you new financial obligations and by all means come join us at a rally. Good luck with everything and please stay in touch!

jbeletti

Frank and Pam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Family. Not much more can be said that hasn't already been said. I do want to reiterate something Gus mentioned to you - please do your best to make the MD rally at Castaways. Mike and Ann put on one fantastic rally there last year. We were there early and maybe even stayed late. Got to take in the local stuff as well.

Happy camping and consider joining the club :)

Jim