Hi there

southernlady5464

My name is Liz and my husband and I are in the process of purchasing a Heartland Landmark 365. We hope to be taking delivery a week from Fri.

We are going full time. Currently waiting out the time to get to the closing on the sale of our stick & brick here in NC. Closing is a week from tomorrow. :)

We will have 2 dogs and six cats with us. Dogs love to travel, not sure about the cats yet. :)

Looking forward to learning about our new rig.

danemayer

Hi southernlady5464,

Congratulations on the new Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

By any chance is your husband's userid cbramsey?

Jv75353

Congratulations on your new Landmark and welcome to the Heartland family! You will find many helpful people here and it's a great place to ask questions. Safe travels!

southernlady5464

Thank you for the welcome.

We had looked at most of the Landmark floor plans. Ended up with the Charleston. We actually found it at a major reduction at a Camping World in Myrtle Beach, SC. The local CW is bringing it up and we get it late next week. We are odd ducks in that we are moving from a class A 38' diesel pusher to a 5er. We would have been spending a major amount for a toad, so we switched it...picking up our 2015 F450 dually at the local dealer where they are holding it AND installing a fifth wheel hitch as a dealer installed option. Can't get a 2017 DP for anywhere close to how much the truck/5er will cost. The truck is almost new and the 5er is new. New DP easily cost 300K plus for the cheaper ones.

We decided on the 5er for a few reasons. our coach is a 2001 and it has a small RV fridge, a combo washer/dryer and a queen bed. While a queen works for vacations, we much prefer our king for living. And with the addition of our 6 cats that will be going with us (we left them at home when just gone for a few days/week) with a cat sitter, we are not leaving them when we go full time.

Plus the Charleston has much more living space than our coach does. BUT for this week we will all be stuffed in the coach.

We CAN'T wait to finally be able to head out.

Last edited: