hidden safe

We have a 2007 Bighorn 3655 which we bought new. I was looking through some paperwork on the unit and it says it has a "hidden safe". If it does I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help me locate it?

jimtoo

Are you looking at the newer brochures? I don't think they started putting the safes in until 2012 or so. I have an 08 and it did not have a safe.

jbeletti

We have a 2007 Bighorn 3655 which we bought new. I was looking through some paperwork on the unit and it says it has a "hidden safe". If it does I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help me locate it?

Check under the bed, if your bed platform lifts up from the foot end. Or check the bedroom closet.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
A lot will depend on the build date of your Bighorn. Our 2007 was built without the safe. Our build date was 6/16/2006. There was a point in time they stopped including the safe but I'm not sure of the exact date. I was OK with it, I didn't want the extra weight.:eek:

wdk450

You know, I have an idea for a "hidden safe", although not fireproof, most of the amateur thieves would never think of.
The seat storage in our dining room chairs. Put documents in a folder in the fold-up seat storage, and secure the fold up seat from the bottom with a wood screw of the right length. Maybe find a screw with a wingnut for non-tool opening.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
You know, I have an idea for a "hidden safe", although not fireproof, most of the amateur thieves would never think of.
The seat storage in our dining room chairs. Put documents in a folder in the fold-up seat storage, and secure the fold up seat from the bottom with a wood screw of the right length. Maybe find a screw with a wingnut for non-tool opening.

Now that's a great idea there!