HIGH OUTPUT CUMMINS with a GCWR of 30,000 #

hoefler

When the 6.7 came out, the computer will record and store any out of parameter programing. As of 09, any programing out of parameters, the ECM will go into lock out mode. This means it will shut down and not start, which requires a tow to the dealer to unlock or replace the ECM. Then the dealer will flag the VIN and VOID the warranty if any left.

sgtbigb

I knew it was just a matter of time that Ram would come out with higher Touqe Numbers to keep up with Ford and GM.
CumminsHO.JPG
At the Chicago auto show Ram Brand's press conference. They've just announced a new high output 6.7L Cummins engine for 2500 and 3500 series pickup trucks equipped with automatic transmissions with class leading torque and tow ratings. With basically a software change they have increased the torque to 800 lb/ft (at 1,600 rpm) and it exceeds the previous models output from 1,200 to 2,800 rpm. Horsepower is also higher from 1,200 through 2,800 rpm, although maximum horsepower remains at 350 hp at 3,000 rpm. This has allow an increase in Gross Combined Weight Rating to 30,000 lbs and a segment leading 22,700 lb maximum trailer tow rating.

GCWR 30,000#

DW_Gray

When the 6.7 came out, the computer will record and store any out of parameter programing. As of 09, any programing out of parameters, the ECM will go into lock out mode. This means it will shut down and not start, which requires a tow to the dealer to unlock or replace the ECM. Then the dealer will flag the VIN and VOID the warranty if any left.

For a short period of time, I was using a Bully Dog programmer that was discontinued about 18 months later. (My monetary loss.) Although I was concerned, the techs never caught it or they turned a blind eye to it. Now my trucks computer will not even recognize the programmer after one to the most recent PCM updates. I was told by one tech that Cummins was very concerned about any changes to their 6.7L engines by consumers. Heck, I was even asked to remove the K&N cold air intake.

sgtbigb

800 lb.-ft. of High-Output Torque
A new powertrain control module (PCM) with revised performance calibration allows the High-Output 6.7-liter, six-cylinder Cummins Turbo Diesel to reach peak torque at 1,600 rpm and exceed the previous model’s output from 1,200 through 2,800 rpm. While peak horsepower remains unchanged (350 @ 3,000 rpm), the engine’s new calibration delivers more than 40 additional horsepower at typical highway cruising speeds.

Somebody help me with this ! While peak horsepower remains (350@3,000rpm) the engine new calibration delivers more than 40 addition horsepower at typical highway cruising speeds. Is this saying that HP could be 390 or better at highway cruising or am I missing something:=(

branson4020

Icantre Member
A new powertrain control module (PCM) with revised performance calibration allows the High-Output 6.7-liter, six-cylinder Cummins Turbo Diesel to reach peak torque at 1,600 rpm and exceed the previous model’s output from 1,200 through 2,800 rpm. While peak horsepower remains unchanged (350 @ 3,000 rpm), the engine’s new calibration delivers more than 40 additional horsepower at typical highway cruising speeds.

Somebody help me with this ! While peak horsepower remains (350@3,000rpm) the engine new calibration delivers more than 40 addition horsepower at typical highway cruising speeds. Is this saying that HP could be 390 or better at highway cruising or am I missing something:=(

Horspower is the product of Torque and RPM. You almost never need the full horspower of your engine. Certainly not when cruising down the highway.

Buford445

Here is what I found

[quote author=Cumminalong link=topic=6344.msg223049#msg223049 date=1297435838]
They've all worked around the secure bootloader programming.

Not an issue.

:up:
[/quote]

[quote author=Buford445 link=topic=6344.msg223058#msg223058 date=1297441300]
So the new Smarty's work on the 10's and 11's ?
[/quote]
[quote author=Cumminalong link=topic=6344.msg223059#msg223059 date=1297443176]
2010 software came out on Feb 9th cor the Smarty.

Bully Dog and H&S have tuningup to 2011.

:up:
[/quote]

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member

Example...before new tune at crusing speed (1800 rpm) the HP output was 275. Now after the new tune the HP would be 315 @ 1800rpm.