Hitch advice request

On my last 5’er I had a Trail Air pin box and pulled the trailer with a Volvo 770 with the stock commercial hitch. As I do a mental build of my next truck/5’er combination I want to make sure I cover all the bases.

What is preferred…an air ride hitch on the truck or an air ride pin box on the trailer?

All advice, recommendations, and criticism is welcome.

-Lodge

Need to clarify...I will be purchasing a 1 ton truck (probably a 2013 Ram 3500) to pull the LM San Antonio we're considering.

-Lodge

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Lodge, a hitch and pinbox are a personal choice. The weight rating is the main thing to consider. In your case...at least a 20K hitch. I installed a Mor/Ryde pinbox only and saved lots of money over the air ride hitches and pinboxes. I have little to no chucking. JMHO

Dodgman

Just put a 5th Air-borne pin box on our 2011 San Antonio it sure helped the way things ride inside the trailer.we pull with a 05 Dodge Dually.

aatauses

We may have overkill, but the ride is nice. We have a BH 3670 with a mor ride pin and have a Husky air hitch in the Chev 3500 dually.
al

mmomega

AnyTimer
I've heard nothing but good things about the TrailerSaver TS3, I have no experience with it personally but I know quite a few members have it and rave about how nice it is.

jbeletti

I've heard nothing but good things about the TrailerSaver TS3, I have no experience with it personally but I know quite a few members have it and rave about how nice it is.

In less than a month, I too hope to raving about the TS3 :)

Jim

We have a 2011 Big Horn 2985RL that we pull with a 2009 Silverado Duramax 2500HD. We have Firestone bags on the truck and a Reese 15K hitch. I'm hearing of stress applied to the coach with a rigid hitch and pinbox and I'm trying to decide whether to buy a air pinbox or air hitch. Any help with this along with makes ie. Trail air, airborne etc will be extremely helpful.
Thanks

Bought the Trailsaver BD3 last October and used it for the first time last weekend. Quite a difference from towing with the rigid Reese. Smooth ride, no chucking and easy hook up. Definitely has my vote.

DW_Gray

I have to agree, the next time around, I'll go for the TrailerSaver TS3. Although, I am very satisfied with the Trailair right now. It's a matter of personal choice.