Holding tank locations

mesteve

I was wondering, for weight and balance issues, where exactly each of the holding tanks are located in my coach. Obviously, the black is the one farthest forward, then what is where and how far before/after the axles.

jimtoo

Well,,, It looks like you need to correct your model number or something.. I don't find a 28BH listed. I do see a XLT 285BH.

Maybe when you post correct model number someone that has one will give you an answer. I still don't think it will be "exactly" , but close.

Most likely, your black tank in in the front, up high, then the shower, bath sink tank low and somewhat under the black tank, then the kitchen sink tank, and then the fresh water tank right over the axles.

SmokeyBare

MeSteve,

Maybe a few photos will be of some Help. Not sure the size of this Fifth Wheel was going to be. I took the photos at a (SOB) Plant Tour out west. I will continue to search for photos that are from Heartland. If I can find them I'll do another post.

Hope these Photos give you a better idea of where the tanks are typically placed.

I strongly suggest you do a Factory Tour.

Marv

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

SmokeyBare

MeSteve,

Lets try this once again...

Here are photos of Heartland's Plant tour. The Frame has 3 axles so I am going to GUESS it's for a Toyhauler. (Note from the last post I have often been wRoNg)

These photos are Genuine Heartland !!

Marv

Attachments

• IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    743.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1660.JPG
    IMG_1660.JPG
    557.3 KB · Views: 53

jimtoo

Steve, I fixed it for you. You needed to change your signature in settings page. It should work for everyone now. :angel:

Darn Steve, your just a little bit ahead of me.... I got 2 logged,,, and a few more that I did not log when I was being taught how. Can be lots of fun and good exercise.
Jim M

mesteve

Yup, just got back from a 3 mile hike along the Missouri River with my 2 boys and yellow lab. Saw a couple of white tails, one just 100 feet away from us. The dog was too tired to even care by then. :D

jimtoo

Steve, the link that is there works now. I did delete the long one you put up... this one takes everyone to the same place.
Jim M

mesteve

I have been playing trying to get the actual button to show up. That is why you happened to see the lnog link. Button seems to be working now...

Dmaxcc6spd

I found myself more worried about the tank mounting rather than the location. While fixing a leaky valve, I noticed my black tank was about 2" too low. The rear most bracket, which is bolted in, had sheared a bolt and allowed the support bracket to rotate, bend and let the tank drop down. Luckily it didn't come completely out while on the road. I made 1 new bracker from angle iron and braced the factory welded bracket. Some more quality here would be appreciated.