Holding Tank Sensor Cleaner

happycampernc

Has anyone tried the Probe Cleaner? Was wondering if it works as well as I've read. I read that you put it in and then 4-5 bags of ice and water and then go to your next destination. It's suppose to clean the sensors like new.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Re: Sensor cleaner

This test doesn't do much to support the ICE CUBE theory for tank cleaning. I can see where ice cubes may help knock debris off of probes but it would take a nearly full tank of water and ice.
It would be great if someone came up with a way to keep the probes working reasonably well!

bigdob24

Re: Sensor cleaner

I have done the ice with somewhat good results.
There is a cleaning formula or two out there with calgone and dish soap and it worked OK.
The best thing is to use single ply paper lots of water
when I empty I use the black tank flush while dumping and let it partially fill the tank and rinse like this till the water is clear running thru the see thru 90.
If I still have sensors on I will put about 10-15 gallons of hot water and 6-8 oz of Pine Sol and let it slosh till the next dump station .
Once cleaned the black flush does the job .

RoadJunkie

Cleaning sensors is like washing windows; they are only clean until the next storm. I do clean my windows, they have crud I can't ignore,but I ignore the sensors. Experience tells me when it's time to dump the tanks.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have one of those tank cleaning wands with the spinning high pressure sprayer on the end of it.

I drain the tank . . . put the wand down though the toilet and let it spray for a few minutes while moving it up and down and side to side.

Then I'll fill the black tank about 1/2 with water, then pull the plug and let that drain out while running the wand again to rinse out any stubborn residual.

This seems to work well for me.

Oregon_Camper

Check it out mine has two

LOL...I'd LOVE to check it out. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my 3160 Bighorn to arrive. Bought it back in November and hoping it arrives by end of this month.

My last two trailers (both Keystone Outback units) both had a straight pipe from toilet to tank.

Dloebrich

Our cyclone has a bend also. I use aa flexible wand same as John B and have good results. Also partially fill tank with black flush when dumping and that works as well

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our cyclone has a bend also. I use aa flexible wand same as John B . . .

Yes . . . the end is flexible so can handle any bends, depending on how long the pipe is.

Our trailer is a 2013 and has a straight pipe from the toilet to the tank.

Birchwood

With the current technology used with these tank probes the fluid levels are unreliable. The array of lighting at the sensor output panel
is simply a selling feature .We have never used this information as a means of forming a dump schedule.If you are a dry camper the
information may be useful(if it worked) but for resort camping I don't see the need.

caissiel

I agree. I only use the fresh water level that works all the time on ours. The shower grey tank sometimes over flow at the shower and then I open both the sink and shower tanks and the tanks equalize. I use use a valve at the outlet that allows me to do that.
It has worked so far while boondocking for a week at a time at fairs and festivals. We never have enough fresh water to fill all 3 tanks.

sandman

Go on Happy Camper dot com. they have a cleaning agent the seems to work good. I use there tank treatments, they work great.

VMooreSR

Our Black Tank Sensor never read empty from day one, somebody recommended a product called Tank Tech from a company in Arizona and it now reads empty when when we dump.

One day after returning home I left the built-in flush running for about 15 minutes as I got busy unloading. To my surprise, the sensors got cleaned off and read zero. However, I concur with everyone that you should not solely rely on them. Good luck