holding tanks roof vent 2014

Boozecamp

My 2014 BH 3570 has (4) roof vents. My main concern is an odor under the kitchen sink that is a 'real' problem. I've determined its the Vent Check valve under the sink. I believe, when the wind is just right, (and the wind was blowing pretty hard the last couple days), the valve somehow gets stuck open and allows back draft. I've decided to explore the Cyclone Vent, so yesterday I crawled up on the roof and (hmmmm) I've got (4) roof vents. (2 about one foot apart mid coach, above the shower area, (1) right above the toilet, and (1) all the way forward on the nose, above the W/D area.

Before I go buy the Cyclone Vent and hassle with the installation, I'm going to buy another Vent Check valve and replace the one under the kitchen sink. I find it hard to believe that the valve is worn out or defective since this is a new coach, but that would be an easier changeout than roof vents.
Question: How do I determine which roof vent ties into the Kitchen holding tank. And is it possible, more than one roof vent is used for the kitchen tank? see picture...........

Roof Vents.jpg

Roller4tan

On mine, of the two vents together, the one on the door side is the black tank vent. I had to take off the back wall in the basement storage to install a Progressive EMS. While in there I made note of the tanks and venting. You may want to do the same, to familiarize yourself with the piping , etc in that area. You can see your water heater, pump, converter and other systems.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One way to determine which vent is which would be to go up on the roof and have someone run some water down the sink drain.
Listen at each vent and you should be able to hear the water.

Peace
Dave

Boozecamp

There's got to be a 2 vent stacks on one of the tanks. I've got 3 tanks and 4 vents. Think I'll call Heartland before I expend a bunch of time exploring.

porthole

Retired
I tried the Cyclone vent trick, then i just plugged the sink vents, solved the problem for under $4. 1.5" ABS pipe plugs

porthole

Retired
4 roof vents - 3 tanks?

2 gray tanks, 1 black tank and maybe a vent for the washer dryer. Do you have the W/D prep in the front closet?

Fresh water tanks are vented at the tank, not up through the roof.
Overfill your tanks and you will find where the water comes out. And if you feel adventurous, it would be a good idea to check you FW tank vents. Some tank installations have vent lines the loop or dip. These get water in them and can cause an issue with getting your tanks filled.