Home made air bag leveler.

Forrest Fetherolf

Install valve stem extenders, stack them up with a spacer block to adjust the height under the axle and you have a jack for tire changing. Throw away that heavy hydraulic jack and save a few pounds. Use them for neck and back support when traveling, bed pillows, pet bed, booster seat, steps so you can reach over the fenders, and a small trampoline for the kids..............unlimited uses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Forrest

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Perhaps I missed a point here but can these be driven over rather than the rig being jacked up? I like the looks of them and I'm getting tired of those 2Xs I am carrying around. I guess my concern would be puncturing them when driving over them on a gravel surface in a campdround. Is the hose material very heavy duty?

ChopperBill

obscure person said:
Perhaps I missed a point here but can these be driven over rather than the rig being jacked up? I like the looks of them and I'm getting tired of those 2Xs I am carrying around. I guess my concern would be puncturing them when driving over them on a gravel surface in a campdround. Is the hose material very heavy duty?
Hose material is super heavy. Should not have a puncture problem with normal use.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Air Bags!

Bill -

Just wondering how those things are working out for you? Thinking of making some myself!

ChopperBill

When I last used them they worked great. After a few days the trailer sort of settled in and I put a little more air in them to raise that side. Thats the neat part about them as you can fine tune your level. We spent 5 weeks in AZ and I just used my orange blocks because the site was pretty level. It rained pretty hard and when it was done the orange blocks settled down in the mud. Kicked myself for not using the bags because I could have adjusted them.

Uncle Rog

Mine work like a champ, I will be out the end of the month and look forward to using them again..................