Honestly - this mattress

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I went to overstock.com and got a 4 inch memory foam topper and then I got a goose down cover for the topper we sleep like babies..

d_fergie

Foam topper before I ever slept on mine ... I'm used to a water bed so any mattress is harder to me.

azbigfoot

Okay the mattress situation has become unbearable for the DW and I. We tried the foam toppers which helped at the beginning. Right now we have a big hole in the middle of the king size bed. Face-to-face or butt-to-butt sleeping is the norm. This piece of junk is labeled Country Rest. I called Heartland and the manufacturer is Maple City Mattress Inc. Heartland will replace it with the same brand and only if I go to a dealer to have them look at it.

So has anyone tried the Denver Mattress Hospitality (resold by Lippert) ... http://www.lci1.com/denver-mattress

I wanted some opinions on it. Doesn't seem too expensive ($729) but finding reviews is difficult.

ILH

I went to a discount mattress place near me and bought a knockoff big brand top-end mattress for a fraction of the normal cost. I didn't pay $700. We're finally sleeping comfortably.

Davisnmn

Hey all, I've never been too chatty on a forum accept for the occasional pop in and rant about a mattress type thing (smirk) some great posts too btw including one that absolutely has my proverbial panties in a bunch regarding a certain make and model of tires which my camper is actually sporting at the moment....now on the docket for replacement next camping season! Lucky for us we did just make it from Ashford CT to Urbanna VA and back with no issues (aside of a few driver caused curb checks). So any who the whole mattress endeavor was a long and winding trail for us as well. We ended up getting a Sealy foam/gel "extra firm" which by the way was 100 billion or so times firmer then the show room model, which in hind sight makes sense I suppose as hundreds of folks have plopped down on that one for a one min test snooze. Any way they put some pretty serious engineering into this mattress of which they are pretty proud. The genius of this thing is even greater than the heat dissipating gel (BS) or for my Spanish speaking friends cucka de toro.but any way the real genius of this design is the reinforced mid section of the mattress which claims to provide extra support for the heaviest part of your body... Maybe they imagined a much grander mid-section than my own and that of my DW <--- (just learned that) and I but for us this is simply a large hump that runs side to side, genius!!! Most companies are only jokingly referred too as "having you over a barrel" Sealy has actually pulled this off! We still don't have flying cars and our mattresses are getting less comfortable and more expensive! We need help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

readytohitheroad

Interesting thread. so the takeaway is that if I decided to invest $90k in a Heartland product I would need to then throw out the mattress and tires.....anything else gotta go?

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We love the mattress that came with our Bighorn and replaced the tires with the same exact ones that came with it. When we get ready to replace our RV it will be a Heartland.

Mrsfish

I understand the tires on the big rigs are being changed at the factory , so #1 taken care of. As to the 2nd problem, we like our mattress and have no problems. We put a topper on it, but I put a topper on my expensive mattress at home. Personally, don't worry about the small stuff - just go have some fun!

Mr_Black

We had a Sealy RV mattress in our old Forest River Sierra. When we traded that unit in, I made sure part of the deal was we kept our Sealy. What a nightmare swapping the two in the dealer lot, but boy was it worth it. The mattress in the Sundance was a 50 dollar mattress. I can easily say the Sealy mattress is so good, I often don't know whether I'm at home or in the trailer.

Last edited:

danemayer

Even Goldilocks had to try three beds before finding one that was "just right". Just shop to find the mattress that's right for you.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dan's right, if you bought a house and it came with a bed with a brand new mattress would you assume it would be perfect for you? There are far too many personal preferences to have the perfect mattress for everyone, so why even try?

We bought a sleep number bed, so we could have our side perfect for us. And guess what, when our two cats started sleeping with us, I made a slight adjustment to my setting and I sleep even better. :)

Davisnmn

But if you bought a fully furnished "luxury" home on which you even paid a special luxury tax for you might expect better than a mattress which is clearly of a very low quality which is what this thread is really about (tires not withstanding as I have no observed quality issues so far) but yes there does also exist the possibility that a very cheaply made mattress that folds in the middle creating a valley is completely comfortable for some. Just let us all know the address and we will ship some over to you at a great price ;)

afwhite14

We just bought a Gateway that we love, but the bed is king size. How did you cut your bed down from king to queen? Any help would be appreciated.

jimtoo

We just bought a Gateway that we love, but the bed is king size. How did you cut your bed down from king to queen? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi afwhite14,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I think someone did change from king to queen, but you would most likely need to rebuild the bottom support part of the slide. Maybe some of our other members will jump in with some help.

Jim M