Hooking up DirecTV

We have a 2016 Bighorn Font Living. I'm having trouble figuring out how to hook up my Wyngard G2+ satellite. Can anyone help? I've already talked to DirecTV & Wyngard.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi LauraandRod,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

First thing to do is run the coax from the dish directly to the receiver without using any of the trailer wiring. Once you get it working, then try out the trailer wiring.

In your Universal Docking Center (UDC), you probably have 4 coax connectors along the top. There's a pair for the living room entertainment center, and another pair for the bedroom. With each pair, the right-hand connector goes to the roof and the left-hand connector goes to the interior. If you were installing a Winegard Travl'r on the roof, you'd jumper those connectors. But with a ground-based dish, you connect to the appropriate connector.

I'm not sure about the G2, but it may be a SWM type in which case with a Directv Splitter that passes power to the dish, you can probably split the signal out to a receiver in both the living room and bedroom. But to start, pick one location.

The coax connectors in the living room are probably marked for satellite and Cable TV/over the air antenna. Connect from the one marked satellite to your Power Inserter, and from the Power Inserter to the receiver. Then connect the output of the receiver to the TV input.

It's pretty easy at the factory to get the cable connections mixed up. So you might have to try different combinations of connections in the UDC and in the living room.

SNOKING

That unit appears to be SD model. It does require a power insert to run it. Here is a link to the manual.

http://www.winegard.com/help/images/8/8c/2452360.pdf

DIRECTV Receiver Compatibility
The Carryout G2+ antenna is not compatible with DIRECTV SWM-only receivers (e.g. H25 or HR34). If you have a SWM only technology receiver, Winegard Model SWM-840 kit is available. This SWM kit will allow for proper SWM technology operation with Winegard mobile satellite TV antennas.

If you have SWM receivers.
http://www.weaknees.com/cart/Winega...b&gclid=CO2lp6fF7swCFU6Bfgodys0Nqg#googlebase

So we know about your trailer and dish, what do you have for receiver(s) that you are trying to install?

Chris

Directv h24. Supposedly compatible with the G2+ without the converter. I must have the configuration wrong, but wyngard is closed before I can get home from work. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Directv h24. Supposedly compatible with the G2+ without the converter. I must have the configuration wrong, but wyngard is closed before I can get home from work. VERY FRUSTRATING.

If you're trying to configure the H24 receiver to use the G2 dish, try setting it to MULTISWITCH mode. You'll find it in the SETTINGS menu under SATELLITE.

SNOKING

OK, some basics. You set the dip switches(or verified that they are set for DTV) and have the power inserter installed as is shown in the manual I linked, correct? You followed the receiver setup in the manual, correct? What fails? Chris

- - - Updated - - -

Manual says #5 Select 02: 3-LNB (18”x 20”) or 3 Satellites. If given the option of SWM or Multiswitch, select 02: Multiswitch.

SNOKING

Already did that too.

So do you ever hear the dome looking for the sats? If not do you have a meter to measure the inserter voltage? If you disconnect the coax from the dome you should read 12V DC from the connector body to the center pin/wire. Chris

Thanks for all the suggestions. Not having any luck yet so I'll get on touch with Wyngard before I end up divorced ... lol! Thanks again.

Buster537

Have you checked your cables to make sure they are good? Connectors are tight? Just a thought - sometimes it's the simple stuff we over look.