Horn is in the shop :(

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, the vent for yours and mine is in the top of the roof. So there is a straight shot out the top for the heat to escape. The problem with the refer in the slide is that it has to vent out the sidewall. I guess that restricts a smooth flow of hot air for venting. I am with you, we don't get a bunch of frost, defrost seldom and have all the cold we can handle.

Peace
Dave

2010augusta

Bob, you are not experiencing any refer issues because your refer is NOT in a slideout. The slideout mount refer can not have a roof vent, so there is an upper side vent and it does not allow the proper air flow and convection currents. Most manufacturers will add a set of fans to move to correct amount of air, but it may not reach the coils, and in some cases the thermo switch that turns on the fans has a set temp that is too high.

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
Fridge

Ken,

Hope everything is fixed now. I have an 08 3670 and the fridge was not cooling, but only on gas. Dometic had the Goodyear dealer repalce everything on the unit. The last replacement was the cooling unit. That fixed the problem. I was two months short of my 3 years and everything was taken care of under the warrranty. Even though it took 4 trips to get it right. This was a dometic issue not the service dealer. He kept telling them it was the cooling unit, but they would not listen.