Hot air blowing thru kitchen vent

Kylesusan

I have a 2016 Hartland Elkridge 40F LFS I have a large vent on the wall in the kitchen under my cabinet that is between the living area and the kitchen. I noticed during the summer when the wind blows a lot of hot air blows through that vent across the floor. Everything is turned off on my heating system but it's almost like there's something open underneath the RV that's letting hot air come in......16546119428374250812667604061516.jpg anybody have any ideas

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That is the cold air return for the heating system. I have my personal thoughts about the efficiency of it. My last rig had that return near the floor. In the summer hot air came in and in winter cold air came in. I removed the grate and blocked it off with a piece of cardboard then replaced the grate.

Peace
Dave

Kylesusan

That is the cold air return for the heating system. I have my personal thoughts about the efficiency of it. My last rig had that return near the floor. In the summer hot air came in and in winter cold air came in. I removed the grate and blocked it off with a piece of cardboard then replaced the grate.

Peace
Dave
Dave
Thank you! I was wondering if I could do that! Thanks for the info!
Regards
Susan

Hollandt

I have a 2016 Hartland Elkridge 40F LFS I have a large vent on the wall in the kitchen under my cabinet that is between the living area and the kitchen. I noticed during the summer when the wind blows a lot of hot air blows through that vent across the floor. Everything is turned off on my heating system but it's almost like there's something open underneath the RV that's letting hot air come in......View attachment 67211 anybody have any ideas
You probably have openings in the floor under the cabinet that is allowing outside air to blow in . Suggest you open it up and check the floor penetrations in that area. Seal them up if possible. The heaters generally have a duct that runs between the floor and the chloroplast under the trailer to prevent the pipes from freezing. It is possible that this hose has come loose from the heater and is allowing air to come directly in?