HotWater Heater bypass valve

So guys my hot water heater bypass valve is busted, one of the pvc 90's that went into the side cracked off. Need a new bypass valve. I found one but it also seems to be broken as water is leaking from the handle its some cheap one that some small rv parts store had and i need water as i live in it 24/7. Any ways i was in to much of a hurry and did not pay attention to where two of the hoses plug into. In the old bypass valve there is three connection one pointing towards the floor(bottom) then one facing the hitch(left) and one facing the kitchen (right this is the one that is currently shut off). The bottom one i know is the hose that connects to some pumps ect. The other two hoses the one that broke(right) on the 90 which is actually shut off, and then the other one that is open both hoses plug into the hot water heater, one on top and one on the bottom. Which one goes to what side of the valve. Thanks

chasdvorak

I ran onto some bypass problems in the past and here's a link with a diagram that might help.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...y-Pass-Diagram?p=275983&highlight=#post275983

Safe Travels,
Chuck

olcoon

You can go to Home Depot, Lowes, or anywhere that sells plumbing supplies & get one.

JasonShrout

It might be low-tech, but it works great! One of my 90 deg. hot water connections broke. If you go to Home Depot, don't bother asking anyone because they have no clue about their inventory. Find a 2 brass male air nipples and a brass 90 deg. with matching threads and 2 appropriately sized hose clamps. It been 1 year of constant use without any complaints about the pressure or flow Beyoncé the fix. Hope this helped!

lwmcguir

The replacement three way valve from Heartland is about $85, haven't been able to find the same one anywhere else.