Bypass valve by freshwater tank

We have a 2018 Bighorn 3270RS. I went out today to dewinterize, and found a problem. The valve pictured is mounted just outboard of the freshwater tank. It isn't the tank drain; that's just to the front of this picture and on the bottom of the tank. This three way valve looks to be a bypass of some kind, but is leaking badly, both from the body and the open port. I assume there should be a line attached to the bottom.

Any idea on what this is called and how I can get the part number? I've looked at a few plumbing guides and searched the forum, but I'm not finding anything about this particular valve, just the low point drains, and the tank drains.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• bypass_valve.jpg
    bypass_valve.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 23
Thanks! That makes sense considering the routing. It also makes sense that I missed it during winterizing. So, pretty much any 1/2" pex three way valve should work?

hoefler

That is not a bypass valve. It is a T-valve, only the one connection is controlled by the valve. It is considered an line tap Tee.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't have a valve like that but when I replaced all the tubing I just installed a compression fitting coupler there. I take one end off to drain the line for winter.

Peace
Dave

Routemaster

Hey Dave. I think I worked it out there was a pipe coming from the onboard tank and then one from the kitchen sink to this valve out though the frame then off to the fridge via the slide.
Den.

CoveredWagon

Thanks! That makes sense considering the routing. It also makes sense that I missed it during winterizing. So, pretty much any 1/2" pex three way valve should work?
Mine is not pex, it's just a 1/4 inch plastic line with a 1/4 inch compression t valve. We have the exact yer make and model. I'm told some don't even have that valve.