How do I find CG along route to another destination

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I have used Microsoft Mappoint in years past and when I create a route from point "A" to point "B" I could also find campgrounds along the route so if I wanted to stop and stay a night before continuing on my way. I have not figured out how to do this using either Google maps or Mapquest. Does anybody out there know how to do this and can explain it to me please?
Thanks,
Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have used Microsoft Mappoint in years past and when I create a route from point "A" to point "B" I could also find campgrounds along the route so if I wanted to stop and stay a night before continuing on my way. I have not figured out how to do this using either Google maps or Mapquest. Does anybody out there know how to do this and can explain it to me please?
Thanks,
Mark

Check out www.mobilerving.com. You can search for campgrounds, look at their facilities, make reservations, get directions to their location. There are over 22000 campgrounds listed. There is also a free mobile app for Iphone and Androids. The app is mobilerving without the .com. You can do the same with the app and even find the closest RV park to your current location. Happy Camping

Gaffer

Just view Google maps in the area where you would like to see an rv park and type rv park in the search box.

Westwind

If you are looking for campground recommendations I highly recommend Campgroundreviews.com. I've used it for years and it hasn't let me down yet. I plan our trip and then hunt for campgrounds in the area of our stops and check on campgroundreviews to see what folks say about it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yes . . . several apps out there.

We use RVParky, Good Sam's, KOA and MobileRVing.

Plus, we have a Rand McNally GPS unit that is loaded with campgrounds and all kinds of other stuff.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also use Good Sams and RVParky apps on the smartphone eventho RVParky is not alway accurate. We pulled into what was supposed to be a campground but now is a Love truck stop using RVParky app. Oops but at least we got fuel.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I use all the apps listed RVPARKY is a good free app, also use Alstays camp & RV. I use rvparkreviws.Com also it helpful deciding if it's a good RV park used by others. Google Earth is helpful to look at the campground to determine if we will fit and be able to navigate within the campground.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We also use Good Sams and RVParky apps on the smartphone eventho RVParky is not alway accurate. We pulled into what was supposed to be a campground but now is a Love truck stop using RVParky app. Oops but at least we got fuel.

We've found that errors and omissions occur regardless the app and it's obvious they use different databases to populate the app. Also we've noticed that the addresses on the various search engines and the maps app and/or gps do not always get you there.
Case in point-gps says "you've reached your destination" and there's no way you're putting a 5er there. Pull over, call park, told to continue another 7 miles, then turn right . Glenallen Alaska!!!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've found that errors and omissions occur regardless the app and it's obvious they use different databases to populate the app. Also we've noticed that the addresses on the various search engines and the maps app and/or gps do not always get you there.
Case in point-gps says "you've reached your destination" and there's no way you're putting a 5er there. Pull over, call park, told to continue another 7 miles, then turn right . Glenallen Alaska!!!!

We had that happen in Albuquerque, NM last year . . . GPS took us west of the highway instead of east of the highway.

By the time we figured out what was going on we had found a KOA a few miles north so headed there instead!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
This is why our forum is so awesome! Thank you all for your input.
Mark