How do you Change out sofa

In my 2011 greystone we do not like the fold out loveseat sofa with air mattress, I don’t know if that came from factory with it but we decided to look for something different, probably going to stay with something from a furniture store like American Furniture or such, The RV branded ones seem to expensive so I am just going to look for something that fits in the space. Preferably leather with a good fold out mattress. Question is Do these sofas fit through the entry door or I have heard of having to take a window out

MCTalley

Should be able to pull the back(s) off of the unit. From there, you can tip the unit up on end at the doorway and should be able to slide it through.

We got our full-width (queen sleeper) sofa out of our Big Country that way. Ditto for the factory-supplied theater seating unit (which came apart into two seats and center console, as well).

Our replacement theater seat unit (home furnishing store brand) came with removable backs, as well.

Garypowell

I seem to remember, when I initially pulled out my couch from the slide, it was screwed to the flooring. So if it does not move easily look for a couple of screws holding it down.

Once I rolled it out of place it was fairly easy to see how to take it apart to remove from the RV.

The next thing to watch out for besides the width of the new unit is if the base will fit on the slide floor.

Of of course yours might not be in a slide like mine.....but I had to remove feet from the back of the couch frame and install bigger (longer) feet to the front to compensate for the slide height.

Just like most things in your RV nothing is easy but always accomplishable.

lynndiwagoner

Mine had a couple of screws on the back that went into the back wall. Of course the couch had broken on one side where the screws were attached. I took the cushion backs off and removed the folding bed mechanism out and it all went through door. We ended up replacing it with a nice, leather jacknife sofa. I put narrow end tables on each side to fill in the gap. Much more comfortable and easier to sleep on.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
We are offing our couch/folding bed and building a custom banquette. Special size mattresses are easy to come by today so we’ll be having a platform with plenty of storage drawers and a nice comfy mattress with throw pillows.

We have already taken the back off the couch and once the mattress is off it is fairly easy to move.

Thank you all for your replies, I should be able to disassemble the existing to where I can get it out the door, The sofa measures 70”x32”x34”tall. Entry door is 28x70. The issue with the lay out of camper is I have 28” from entry door to the wall of kitchen counter so it a tight turn to get it out the door, I don’t know how the new one will be for assembly since we havnt decided on one yet, but still not opposed of taking the large picture window out, it doesn’t look to difficult for two or three people

MTPockets

I recall we removed ours by standing it upright on one end and with help outside, scoot the back out the door first then lower to the ground. We replaced our sleeper with two leather Lazyboy wall hugger recliners.

sengli

we replaced ours too. There is a line of smaller sized furniture from a company called BEST that fits.

ILH

We changed ours out a couple of years ago to a regular household soda. Best decision we made! The back of the old sofa was screwed into the wall with 2 or 3 screws. Fortunately for us, we have a toy hauler, so getting the sofa in or out was easy... in fact we picked up our sofa during a trip. Just pulled up the rig, put down the ramp and had the staff walk it into the garage. We stuffed our old sofa into one of the campground's garbage bins!