how do you stabilize to get rid of the shakes

mlburst1

We had JT's Strong Arms installed by Lippert before the Goshen rally this year (great price) - rock sold now!

porthole

Retired
Levelup will make your coach rock solid, because you are taking some of the wieght off of the wheels and springs which will stop any motion in your coach. We have the Levelup on our coach 3400RL Bighorn for nearly a year now. We love the levelup.

The hydraulics will only stop spring movement. And if you have an aftermarket install like like many of us have there is no or very little "angle" with the front jacks.
And if you "Level Up" the trailer high enough it will move

happykraut

I would NEVER ever recommend putting a block under the front jacks. If something doesn't quite go as planned when hitching up, the fiver can come off the block and kiss the top of the bed on your pickup truck. I've seen some nasty damage from this kind of mishap. Just my 2 cents worth.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sure, I'll admit it. What is a cribbing pad?

Three 12" lengths of 4x4 pressure-treated lumber tied together on top with two pieces of 5/4 x 6" deck board, using 2 1/2" deck screws. The completed pad ends up being about 5" high, based on the true dimensions of the lumber. Put two screw eyes on one side and a short piece of cord for a handle.

Since I work occasionally with 4x4 material to create cribbing stacks to support loads (technical rescue), the term "cribbing pad" is my best description of the pads I made. When I installed the Ground Control front jacks on my trailer, I stacked three of the pads under the frame on either side after raising it high on the OEM jacks and lowered it down on them so I could remove/install the jacks. Our jacks should be so stable.

happykraut

Three 12" lengths of 4x4 pressure-treated lumber tied together on top with two pieces of 5/4 x 6" deck board, using 2 1/2" deck screws. The completed pad ends up being about 5" high, based on the true dimensions of the lumber. Put two screw eyes on one side and a short piece of cord for a handle.

Since I work occasionally with 4x4 material to create cribbing stacks to support loads (technical rescue), the term "cribbing pad" is my best description of the pads I made. When I installed the Ground Control front jacks on my trailer, I stacked three of the pads under the frame on either side after raising it high on the OEM jacks and lowered it down on them so I could remove/install the jacks. Our jacks should be so stable.

John, thanks for the explanation.

happykraut

Just finished installing the SteadyFast system on my BC. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but have talked to two HOC members that have them installed on their rigs and the both are very happy with this system.

Delaine and Lindy

Stopping movement in RV's, well I went thru the same situation, and I bought all the gadgets that was suppose to stop the movement. Very few things worked, I tried things like Roto Choks, king pin supports and cribbing under the rear electric jacks.. Its my belief there is no way to stop movement when your sitting on springs rubber tires etc.

I no longer use any type gadgets, however we do have the 6 hydraulic jacks and if you lower them enough to take the weight off the suspension it does help stop movement. The level up system will raise the tires off the surface but there will still be some movement. There is only one way you can stop most movement and that is to use Concrete blocks and shims as are used when sitting down a Mobile Home. But who wants to haul all that stuff around. It takes about 10 minutes to level up our 5th wheel and that works for me.

Speaking about cribbing, I would never use cribbing under the from landing gear, its so very easy to bump the pin box and knock the landing gear off the cribbing and then the front of the 5er is sitting on your shiny Trucks bed rails, I have seen this happen many times. But I see this type cribbing in most every RV park we are in.

I sold or gave away all those gadgets that stops movement or say they stop movement, as for a chok blocks I have a pair of rubber choke blocks that I bought from Tractor Supply for less than $20.00 and use them when hooking up only, installs in seconds. The Level Up system when used properly will not let the 5er move, when the 5th wheels weight is about 18,000 lbs. One of the biggest mistakes I made when we started this adventure was to watch RVer installing all these gadgets and though they must be needed, a lot of wasted money... Good Luck with your decisions. Happy Trails...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Stopping movement in RV's, well I went thru the same situation, and I bought all the gadgets that was suppose to stop the movement. Very few things worked, I tried things like Roto Choks, king pin supports and cribbing under the rear electric jacks.. Its my belief there is no way to stop movement when your sitting on springs rubber tires etc.

I no longer use any type gadgets, however we do have the 6 hydraulic jacks and if you lower them enough to take the weight off the suspension it does help stop movement. The level up system will raise the tires off the surface but there will still be some movement. There is only one way you can stop most movement and that is to use Concrete blocks and shims as are used when sitting down a Mobile Home. But who wants to haul all that stuff around. It takes about 10 minutes to level up our 5th wheel and that works for me.

Speaking about cribbing, I would never use cribbing under the from landing gear, its so very easy to bump the pin box and knock the landing gear off the cribbing and then the front of the 5er is sitting on your shiny Trucks bed rails, I have seen this happen many times. But I see this type cribbing in most every RV park we are in.

I sold or gave away all those gadgets that stops movement or say they stop movement, as for a chok blocks I have a pair of rubber choke blocks that I bought from Tractor Supply for less than $20.00 and use them when hooking up only, installs in seconds. The Level Up system when used properly will not let the 5er move, when the 5th wheels weight is about 18,000 lbs. One of the biggest mistakes I made when we started this adventure was to watch RVer installing all these gadgets and though they must be needed, a lot of wasted money... Good Luck with your decisions. Happy Trails...

Doesn't your Mobile Suites come with the Level Up 6 point system? I thought that was supposed to be a very good system.

Delaine and Lindy

Yes it came with the 6 point Level up System, this is my second Suites with the 6 point Level up System. And I highly recommend the system no more backing onto blocks. I do carry the plastic blocks for those times the site isn't level and the side to side leveling jacks don't extend out enough to level then I put blocks under the jacks, there are times the tires are off the ground for extended stays. I just balanced the tires and the tire man loves those jacks, just raise all tires off the ground and remove them, takes just minutes to raise the 5er... The system does reduce some of the movement, much more than the electric jacks or supports.... Happy Trails....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I wish we could afford that 6 point level up. I like that system much better than the 4 point Lippert system now being used on the new Landmarks. MHO