How Far did you go?

The best prices I could find were either 150 miles from Detroit,MI to Grand Rapids, MI. Or, 100 miles from Detroit to Findlay, Oh. No other dealer in the Midwest (including Elkhart) could match the prices given. In the end, I drove to Ohio for $70 is fuel and saved about $3000.

skyguy

We chose to drive 450 miles (each way)to Grand Island NE, Rich and Sons Campers.

They weren't bottom dollar, but they did take my trade, and older Montana, and gave me a fair deal on it.

I probably talked to (or tried to) a dozen dealers during the process. The local CW's were ridiculously high in price, and didn't want to budge, even after I showed them other pricing. Last I knew, they still had the models I looked at sitting on their lots, in Colo Spgs, and Denver.

There were a couple places that bettered the price at Rich and Sons, but they were much farther away, didn't want to trade, or offered such a ridiculously low price for a trade in that I lost my temper. One offered a very low price to begin with, but the "off the lot" total was about 8k higher!!

Tony, at Rich's, was the first person to actually bother to respond to an internet inquiry. So I called him, and right away felt I had my guy, if they would have the right price. They did, including the trade, and the deal was done. They were excellent to work with - I'd do it again on my next one, if there is a next one. There pre-delivery checkout was outstanding. We only found a couple things, later.

We paid about 9k less than the Colorado dealers, but this is also enhanced because the local dealers were peddling 2009's, and we ordered a 2010, to our specs - and the 2010's had about a 10% increase in price I think. So we did OK!

I am comfortable with handling 99% of the minor warranty issues, and so far (3 weeks) we haven't had anything major. If something major happens, I'll try my luck with the locals.:D:D

By the way, we chose to go "the back route" from Colo Spgs to Grand Island, rather than sticking to the Interstate. US 24 to Limon, a bit of I70 to Colby, KS, then diagonal up to Lexington NE and I80 to Grand Island. The two land highways were wonderful!! Great condition, and no traffic!! No rat race of the Interstates. I'd recommend the back roads to everyone!

We purchased our Cyclone at a Credit Union sale about 30 miles from our home, but the dealer was about 80 miles from our home. Was being I believe they are going out if business.

2010augusta

drove 2,400 miles round trip to save about $30,000 on the Landmark. Went directly to Elkhart and bought from RV Capital Wholesellers. We kenw we would be fulltiming all around the country, so there is not a local dealer we can go back to since every three months we are in a diferent state. Got to tour the factory and see them made too.

DickO

We are on the road right now traveling from Tucson AZ to Michigan to pick up our Bighorn 3055 on Monday. EXCITED $$ was the difference.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We are on the road right now traveling from Tucson AZ to Michigan to pick up our Bighorn 3055 on Monday. EXCITED $$ was the difference.

WOW....now thats a trip! If you get near Amarillo and want to stop for the night let me know as i have lots of room for another RV'er.

imchud

Dick,
Congrats on the new Bighorn, I'm sure you will love it:D... Make sure you have your tools with you so you can re-tighten all the nuts and bolts that will will get knocked lose while traveling over those Michigan roads:eek: