how level do you really have to be?

just had MorRyde install their independent suspension, disc brakes and Goodyear G114's 17.5" tires.

Even though they shimmed their IS up 2" inches I'm still 5" high at the king pin from being level on a 40 foot trailer.

I can lower the truck hitch an inch and the trailers hitch looks like it could be raised 2" into the trailers frame mount, but before i mess with doing that just wanted to see what people's opinion was about having to run perfectly level.

By the way after traveling nearly a 1,000 miles to Elkhart, I was 74 miles from Morryde and my rear leaf springs dumped 3 of the 6 leaf springs allowing the drivers side rear axle to fall back about a foot from where it should be. Road side assistance tightened everything back up and i limped into Morryde. Hows that for timing.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Five inches, in my opinion, is pretty high.
Ideally you want to be as close to level as possible.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

The higher you get the front, the more weight starts to shift to the rear axel. Get each axel weighed separately, better yet each tire independently, and as long as you do not exceed the weight range of the tires and axel, then your good to go. Just make sure of your true height for clearance. I am high and have 100lbs difference between front and rear axels all within specs.