How long does it take to deliver from factory

dcwettstein

Our Big Horn was built March 26th. We live about 250 miles from the factory. It has been almost 3 weeks and we have not seen the camper. I was wondering how long does it take to deliver a camper? Has anyone picked up their camper directly from the factory?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
If your dealer is using Horizon Transport for delivering, then it could be awhile. Horizon lost drivers and got back-logged because of the winter weather and driving conditions. Our Landmark came off the assembly line on March 5 but wasn't delivered to the dealership in TN until March 28th. The dealer had to call Heartland about getting the coach down to them and Heartland in turn contacted someone else to get ours & one other coach delivered.

alex00

My Cyclone was finished on Feb 25th, but did not arrive at my dealership until March 24. My dealer was 2300 miles from the factory. When I talked to folks at the factory, it sounded like they had an enormous back log of built trailers waiting to go out. I don't think you can take delivery at the factory, though.

GOTTOYS

My Cyclone was finished on Feb 25th, but did not arrive at my dealership until March 24. My dealer was 2300 miles from the factory. When I talked to folks at the factory, it sounded like they had an enormous back log of built trailers waiting to go out. I don't think you can take delivery at the factory, though.
If you do the math regarding what little these people make for delivering trailers...you can't help but wonder why any of them get delivered...Loose a little on each trip, make it up in volume....Don

alex00

I've thought about that as I watch the rv haulers go down the interstate. It amazes me that one trailer at a time comes out. Obviously smaller trailers fit on larger trailers. I also laughed when I baby the trailer realizing that the first 2300 miles were probably it's roughest.

Harry1

We placed an order at RV show Jan. 18th and took delivery at dealer Mar.13. RV delivered to Florida dealer. Hope that helps.

dcwettstein

We just got confirmation that our 3160 will be here on Friday or Monday. Thank goodness because we have reservations next Wednesday thru Sunday.