How many trips per year

Just wondering how much everyone uses their RV?

We take approximately 13 trips per year. The locations are usually 2 hours away from home.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We usually take five to six trips per year . . .

Generally we take one 1-week campout . . . 1 - 1 1/2 to 2 week . . . and four weekend campouts!

Plus, we pretend camp in our side yard!

Not too mention that we use our Prowler as an extra bedroom when we have out-of-towner guests visiting . . . and when Cathy gets pi$$ed at me, I'll go out there and hide! :rolleyes:

DOH!

danemayer

In 5 1/2 years, we've taken 40 separate trips for a total of 1,068 nights in the RV. That includes a 16 month period as full-timers while in-between houses.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We average 17 trips per year and about a total of 90-95 days per year which includes two trips of 18 days or more per trip.

Rod

Just wondering how much everyone uses their RV?

We take approximately 13 trips per year. The locations are usually 2 hours away from home.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Both my Wife and I work and the daughter is in school. We have 4-5 months of winter. So my answer is.......NOT ENOUGH!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
When we were weekend warriors, we averaged 2 trips per month, usually within 90 miles of home base but now we are living in our LM full time cuz of hubby's work. Living in East TN, choices for campground were a bunch so ez weekend trips.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have lived most nights in our RV for since Mar 2011.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
When we first got our 5ver and both working full time, we'd do a weekend trip a month, with a longer summer (2 week) Spring break (1 week) and winter trip (2 week). After I quit full time to work for myself, we made the summer and winter trips longer. 3 weeks, and 10 days (spring break still a week). Then we went full time, and the monthly trips slowed way down. It's harder to pack up and go. But when we can go when Tony is off work (June, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break) we try to go.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have got the pack up time down to 45 minutes to an hour. Tell us to go and we move into that mode. Unless Kelly has a load in the washer or something like that.

BLHFUN

Usually 2 long trips for about 10 days each and at least 2 extended weekends per month from March through November. Most weekend trips are to lake Stockton in Missouri about 1 hour north of the house. So.... Not enough!

gasman

Camp Socializer
We went fulltime in October so our plan is to only be out of our rig about 3-4 weeks during the year. Did I mention it is 80 here in Phoenix??!!

Wmnmy

Hello fellow heel(tarheelcamper) we usually try for two to three trips every other month for now I'm sure more when I retire... Usually from Las Vegas to California but the occasional east to west coast trip always try to to get to North Carolina every few years which is a very nice trip .

Kbvols

We usually take 3 week long trips a year plus 4 or 5 extended weekend trips. Our rig stays at our recreational property so we normally use it every weekend may thru October at least one or two nights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We went fulltime in October so our plan is to only be out of our rig about 3-4 weeks during the year. Did I mention it is 80 here in Phoenix??!!

One week from today we will be on our way to the AZ HOC Tucson Rodeo Rally!

Can't wait to get down there!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the AZ Rodeo attendees will contribute to get you a "Doghouse" sign for your rig. :rolleyes:

Or something . . . :angel:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Since we work in our RV and use it for our Office we are on the road about 40 weeks a year. Feel more comfortable in the RV than we do in our house. Call both of them 'home'. SoutheastPublications.com 'We love the lifestyle'.

Lou_and_Bette

Only one trip per year...leave southern Mississippi where we winter in February on a looooooog round trip back to Mississippi in November. Have been full time for 4 years.