How many Viet Nam vets

rick_debbie_gallant

I have been wondering this for a while now and perhaps you Vietnam Vets who belong to the Heartland Owners club will help me determine this. Just kinda wanted to know how many of us are out there with past service in Viet Nam, what unit and where locatedffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ERIC

Rodbuster

U.S. Marine Corps
Viet Nam 1965-1966
3rd Batt. 3rd Marines 3rd Marine Division
Danang & Chu Lai area
Semper Fi

I don't talk much about Viet Nam but I'm very proud to have been there to serve our Country.

God Bless and thank you to all our men and women that have served and are serving in our armed forces.

jddugan

Spent my tour near Phu Bai with the Army Security Agency. My oldest son was six days old when I left, a year and six days when I returned.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I don't have the vocabulary to express my thanks so.............. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
As an Army wife for the past 27 years I can't express enough how much I appreciate the sacrifices those of you serving during the Vietnam era went through. We have experienced several deployment during my husbands service but I don't think any of them measure up to what you all went through.

Bless you!

dfk009

I served with the 119th Trans. Co. (Army), 08/67 - 08/68 at Vung Ro, on the coast, where we unloaded supplies from cargo ships, while I ran the parts room in the motorpool. Had my share of Agent Orange sprayed on me while traveling to Tuy Hoa sub-area to pickup parts and supplies. Now I'm paying the price.

Don

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Army Aviator, 101st Airborne Division, 159th Aviation Battalion. Entire 12 months (1968-1969) flying I Corps based in Phu Bai. Distant memories best forgotten, still miss dear friends that departed too young.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Seabees/MCB-5/Delta Co/ Da Nang and Bien Hoa / 1969-1970

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
US Navy 62-66 USS McMorris DE1036. Not in country (never stepped on land). Patrolled coastal waters for Contraband.

I made no sacrifice. Those that died and those that were wounded are the ones that made the sacrifices. I stand and salute them..

merlinb

Retired
U.S. Army Aviation
219th Avn Co (Recon Airplane) Pleiku 66-67
54th Avn Co (Utility Airplane) Vung Tau 68-69

It was a privilege to serve.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As others have said, Thank You all for your service to our Country, then and now. I spent 6 years in the Navy from 66 to 72 but never received orders for Nam. In a way, I miss that feeling of camaraderie associated with the Viet Nam Veterans but on the other side of that, I'm thankful that I'm in one piece today.

Westwind

2nd Medical Dispensary, 58 Medical Battalion, 90th Replacement Battalion location, Bien Hoa, Vietnam, January - October 1968. I don't talk about it much but this weekend I've been on the computer looking to see whats on it. I'm very fortunate in many ways in comparison to my friends who served in Vietnam.

rick_debbie_gallant

I have been wondering this for a while now and perhaps you Vietnam Vets who belong to the Heartland Owners club will help me determine this. Just kinda wanted to know how many of us are out there with past service in Viet Nam, what unit and where locatedffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
ERIC

Guess I should have answered my own questions.

DRAFT LOTTERY NUMBER: 17 (NOT GOOD)
ENLISTED: 03/12/1971
ETS: 03/11/1974

F TROOP, 17TH CAV, 196 LIB, 23RD INF DIVISION.

STARTED IN CHU LI, THEN OFF TO DA NANG

IN COUNTRY: 09/13/1971 - 03/31/1972

Peace, out.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would like to expand this thread to extend it to all Viet Nam era vets as many of us served in other areas in support of those who were actually in Nam. Those in the rear areas are often the forgotten ones.
USASA JAPAN
Hakata Admin. Annex, Itazuke AFB, Japan
US Army 1966-1970

nscaler2

US Army
169th Engineer Battalion based in Long Bihn. We build roads among other things
1968-1969.

All my thanks to everyone and their families who has served.