How many Viet Nam vets

US Army, 9th Logistical Command, Korat and Sattahip, Thailand. In country Feb. 1966 to Feb. 1967
Drafted.
1 Sept 1965 to 31 August 1967

pegmikef

US Army Jan - Nov 72. Base station was PhuBai right off of QL 1, but most of the time spent operating OP56 (Hill 180) located between Hue and PhuBai. Was able to leave country early as they first closed my OP and then PhuBai. I always used to tell people during the Watergate deal that President Nixon wasn't bad because he got me out of 'nam early, raised my pay, and lowered my taxes.

Thanks to all who served and on this weekend let us not forget all of those who fell in 'nam and all who are still serving and who have fallen in all these other conflicts.

rnewk52

U.S.N. Seabees, BU2, MCB 74, Charlie Co. out of Gulfport Miss. In Country at Quang Tri, Da Nang, Hill 55, 68-69

Manzan

Vietnam Era vet. Drafted Sep 23, 1963, out Sep 23 1965. Served on a tiny post in NYC-Army Pictoral Center, corner of 35th and 35th, Long Island City, Queens. Made training films. Reported Friday the 13, December '63. Post was down as they had just lost a camera crew in Nam. Most people didn't even know any of us were there. Kept comparing what we knew with what was being reported in the papers. Scary. We knew what was ahead.

rick_debbie_gallant

Great hearing from all of you Viet Nam vets and Viet Nam Era vets. God bless and hope to meet ya'll and welcome you home. Any others of us out in RV land? I know it has been a tough 40 years, for me anyway. There was such a stigma attached to being a Viet Nam Vet, thanks guys for not "cuttin-n-runnin".

For those of you who may not know, there are many, many ailments as a result of our contact with agent orange. In fact exposure is not limited to Viet Nam, if you were in Korea you may have been exposed. Here is a link to check out, but be advised it is for now limited to being there between certain dates.

http://veteransinfo.org/korea.html

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Vietnam Era (67 - 71), but never got close to the SEA meat grinder. I turned 18 the middle of my senior year in HS (birthday cut-offs), had a 1-A draft status and was scared ****-less, so I enlisted in the USAF to avoid the draft right after HS graduation and drew three years in Germany, followed by a short stint at Holloman AFB, NM. Joined the active reserve in late '76 and did another 27 years in that capacity.

Was in the USAF from 1969 - 1991 was stataioned in the area but not in Nam. We processed film. I did that the hole time I was in.

Thanks to all who served and on this weekend let us not forget all of those who fell in 'nam and all who are still serving and who have fallen in all these other conflicts.
I hope you dont mind me borrowing the line above as it really says it all

Thanks to all vets who have served and are serving and would serve again if called.:angel:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks to all of you that served and are serving now in all areas of the world.Thanks also to your families because I know that it was a sacrifice for them also. You, your families, and those that gave their all and their families for our country are the real true "Heros" of this world. Thank You!

plumberdude

To All that served for our country, THANK-YOU
I never made the trip I was in the hospital when two men came in looking for me....
My friend who helps me from time to time was on river boats , he has told me a few storys but for the most part not what he could say.He still shuns choppers , with two purple hearts, wounds from gun fire and a scare from hand to hand i am glad to call him my friend

god bless all of you here and there

PAT-LORI

porthole

Retired
My draft number was 156 and I admit, at 18 and living next to 3 vets, all wounded and messed up mentally, I was relieved when the draft ended.

I cannot express my true appreciation for all those that served overseas in hostile environments.

Thank you for your service and sacrifices.

Last edited:

Jimmyt5

I was station at Camp Tenshaw and on the PIRZE station where we checked returning A/c for bad guys.

gschaaf

173RD Airborne Brigade C Co 3/503RD foward observer 69 - 70 Thanks to all that served and God Bless America

B

BouseBill

324th ASD, 145th Combat Aviation Battalion, 1st Aviation Brigade, Bien Hoa AFB, April-69-Nov 70...... Yeah Army Aviation stationed on an AFB for the entire time:D

ntoport

I was with the 7th Air Force, 3rd Tactical Fighter Wing, 3rd Security Police Sqdn. at Bien Hoa AB, 8/1969-8/1970. I was in Law Enforcement with 1 month in Base
Security.

olcoon

I was in the Navy from 69-72, got stationed on a tin can in Norfolk, VA. The ship had just done a WestPac cruise about a year before I was stationed on it, and it never went back, I spent my whole enlistment on her. So I didn't have the "pleasure" of serving in Nam. I've got the utmost respect for those who went. It wasn't a good time, I only had to endure the remarks & actions of the "wonderful" people here in the States. Still have no use for Hanoi Jane!!!!!!

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
USAF, 405th ADVON 1, Danang AB and Phan Rang AB, 1966. Ammo man and weapons loader. Forgot all the bad (almost) and now remember the better things. Proud to have served!!!