How many Viet Nam vets

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Eric, I totally understand what you are saying. Do not discuss the the bad because there is never any positive to it.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jnbhobe

I can only immagin what you guys went thru, I was in the Navy in 65,66,67 but was never sent near any combat zones. Thanks Guys !!

RanCarr

My husband was in Long Bin during the Tet Offensive. He never mentions Vietnam and don't like to discuss it. I met him way after that conflict and I don't bring it up. I think he just wants to let it go and forget about it. He was in communications on the base so spent no time in the jungles.

rick_debbie_gallant

I understand, my husband really dont talk about it much either. We meet in December of 1970 and he got drafted/enlisted (it is complicated) a few months later in March of 1971. When he got back from Viet Nam he was changed. He proposed on my birthday and we got married a few months later. We have been together for 42 years now and married for 40 in July.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Spending 4 years in the US Army (although never in a combat zone) helps me to appreciate military service. Every time I have talked to combat veterans about their combat experiences helps me appreciate how many sacrifices they made for us. vEven though who have had to do the unimaginable to survive makes me grateful to them. Those I have talked to about it have told me they feel better after discussing it. Thanks for your service and may God grant you peace in your hearts by releasing you from any guilt you may have for doing your duty. We (our entire country) are grateful, and may I say a belated WELCOME HOME.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about writing down your experiences. We can compile them into a memoir so those on the outside can better understand the real story instead of the media spin. Just an idea

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Thanks to all of you for your service. I grew listening to my older Uncles teasing my younger Uncle about his being a bugler in Korea while they had served during WWII. Only teasing, no "war" stories until I came home from my tour in Germany in the 80s. My husband is a retired Combat Engineer and I did 8 years active duty. Seven more years and we will retire from Army Civilian life but I will never forget the service men I have met. Thanks again. You're the best.

JimBobWay

I was in the Navy and didn't do in country but close enough to be a part of it. Was there from 71 to 75 (off and on). God Bless you in country folks.

rick_debbie_gallant

Thanks to all of you for your service. I grew listening to my older Uncles teasing my younger Uncle about his being a bugler in Korea while they had served during WWII. Only teasing, no "war" stories until I came home from my tour in Germany in the 80s. My husband is a retired Combat Engineer and I did 8 years active duty. Seven more years and we will retire from Army Civilian life but I will never forget the service men I have met. Thanks again. You're the best.

Thank you for choosing to serve our country and might I also add to this "the rest of the free world"!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t4jevu
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpdoggett

For all Viet Nam Vet's Thanks and Welcome Home. And if any of you need to talk send me a PM. I did three tours myself and yes there are things my wife and others don't know and will not know. But I have some great brothers from that time and we keep in touch.

scotty

US Navy, 62 thru 94. Did 3 back -to- back 10 month West Pac's 64 thru 69. One of my ships was the USS Currituck (AV7) (Sea PlaneTender) where we operated out of Cam Ron Bay (sp) from Jul 66 to May 67, supporting the old P5M Marlin Sea Planes. On board USS Dubuque (LPD7), transporting both Marines and Army all over the region from May 68 thru Dec 68. I really think the folks who actually performed in country. They are the real Hero's.

First off,Welcome home to all US Vets from whatever conflict or duty that you served in. I was US Navy 1966-1968, served aboard USS Barton DD-722 for brief period, injured my back and was turned loose. My brother-in-law gave it all in Khe San,KIA 1968. I currently have my youngest son, US Navy E-6 Mineman stationed San Diego, Ca after tours in Bahrain and Japan and daughter and son-in-law in Germany serving US Army. He is Blackhawk pilot destined for deployment to Afganistan. We as a nation can be proud of all military veterans stateside and those who served abroad. Without them we might not be here. God bless the USA!

jpdoggett

First Thank You and I what you to Thank your family for all they have done for all of us

May God Bless you all

rick_debbie_gallant

I am looking forward to the time when I can meet you fellow servicemen and servicewomen and your spouses as we live out the remaining parts of our lives and we come across each other here or there. Some of us are busted physically, some emotionally and some of us even both. Welcome home brothers and sisters, thank you for your service to both our country and to the world. I dread to think what this world would be if not for the sacrifice of the American servicemen and servicewoman. God bless you all and God bless your families as well. Peace, out!

And one more thing, (and I know a lot of us do it now) don't be afraid to go up and thank and hug a fellow service member. They may just be having a bad day and letting them know there are fellow warriors out there that care may just pull them out of their funk.

Last edited:

pegmikef

And one more thing, (and I know a lot of us do it now) don't be afraid to go up and thank and hug a fellow service member. They may just be having a bad day and letting them know there are fellow warriors out there that care may just pull them out of their funk.

I second that and it still brings tears to my eyes when someone stops and thanks me (I usualy wear a retired army hat).