how many warranty claims have you had? just total numbers please

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
2 - awning motor and frame flex. No hassles on the frame, some with vendor on the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
15 on our Prowler . . . but had to redo half of them myself when I got it home to have it done right.

Not to mention three issues that were created while at the dealership that were not there when I dropped it off.

About the same number on our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner . . .

danemayer

I had an email exchange with another Rushmore owner a few years ago. He had a long list of warranty issues, which he sent to me. More than half of the items on his list were very minor cosmetic issues.

One example: by putting his head on the floor of the bathroom, he discovered that the bathroom vanity wood was not stained on the underside. He counted this as a manufacturing defect that should be covered by warranty.

So if he were reading this thread, he might report a larger number than most.

I'm not saying he was wrong to look for those things to be corrected. But I'm not sure how interesting or helpful his number would be to anyone else.

kowAlski631

We've had 1. Our PDI was thorough, however, and we had 3 or 4 corrections before we signed on the dotted line.

wehavefun

We had a 2010 Sundance we owned for 1 year, no issues. We traded for a 2011 Bighorn had 3 or 4 cabinet doors that had defective hinges, one trip to dealer for 3 days. I did have an axle problem with Lippert but after they made their offer I decided to just get the Mor Ryde Independent Suspension, best choice ever! Just traded in in December for our 2016 Bighorn just dropped off to my dealer for 3 items, grey tank reading 3/4 always, fridge door slightly dragging when closing, needs minor adjustment, didn't come with day night shades when it was produced, they started the following week, my dealer made some calls and received the shades. Honestly I could have lived with or without but the wife likes them, adjusting the fridge door, very simple but hey it was going anyway, the grey water tank reading is never right, no matter what brand you have.

So as you can see I haven't had many issues with my heartland units.

Hunter11

9 times and counting. Unit less than two years old and we full time. After the week we will be out of it in March it will be a total of one month out of the unit since we owned it at our expense. Once we get it back at the end of March we are going to try and trade it off while we still have good equity in it. We have tried to stay positive through this whole ordeal but at some point you have to say enough is enough.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
"Number of Warranty Claims" is misleading. In our first year with our ER, back in 2010, I think we had 5. Fridge wasn't cooling consistently, back wall had some pimples in the interior wall board, a screen was missing, tv speakers were blown we noticed after delivery, slide needed adjustment.

We also had a tire replaced under warranty within the first year.

After the one year, we had a variety of things that we fixed ourselves or upgraded. We had frame flex repaired at the factory, as well as a delamination issue HL helped with the cost.

None of the things we did or had to do soured us on the brand, it's just part of RV ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
9 times and counting. Unit less than two years old and we full time. After the week we will be out of it in March it will be a total of one month out of the unit since we owned it at our expense. Once we get it back at the end of March we are going to try and trade it off while we still have good equity in it. We have tried to stay positive through this whole ordeal but at some point you have to say enough is enough.

We have had one, the transfer device.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tundra2084

2012 Sundance 3200RE bought new in 2013. Frame Flex fixed last fall by Heartland and Lippert. Awning motor changed out twice. So all in at 2 Warranty issues and 1 safety issue

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Never kid yourself that any SOB will be any better. Million $ bus's have issues. I know someone with a new Cardinal.....been in the shop for a long time with many issues. Traded in a HL for it. These things are made by PEOPLE.