How much air pressure should I use to blow out the pipes?

Donszarko

Thanks John: I will find them. Actually, I have a pretty good set up for blowing lines with regulated pressure and and constant air pressure. I typically remove most of the moistrue out of the lines.

I blow the lines and run antifreeze though the pump and drains then let sit for a day or two and blow again. It is surprsing how much additional moisture accumulates after the first blow.

Still camping Thanksgiving so will winterize then. Thanks again for the discussion.

Don

SeattleLion

I did ours today. 40 psi. I discovered that the HW heater bypass should not be on. If it's on, the air is stopped at the bypass and not get to the faucets hot water tap.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks John: I will find them. Actually, I have a pretty good set up for blowing lines with regulated pressure and and constant air pressure. I typically remove most of the moistrue out of the lines.

I blow the lines and run antifreeze though the pump and drains then let sit for a day or two and blow again. It is surprsing how much additional moisture accumulates after the first blow.

Still camping Thanksgiving so will winterize then. Thanks again for the discussion.

Don

Anytime! BTW, it has been discussed previously that when buying the RV antifreeze to read the label and stay away from any that has ethanol (aka. ethyl alcohol) in it's composition. There was concern that it is not friendly to the PEX tubing and any brass in the system.

SeattleLion

On my 2009 BH, the low point drains are on the curb side, just ahead of the entry door. It wasn't too long after that model year that they stopped extending them below the coroplast due to freezing complaints from owners using their rigs in cold winter climates. They may have even stopped putting them on, entirely. Since our usage season runs early May to the end of September, clearing and winterizing them is no problem.

Hard to see in the photo, but there are two lines with valves there. Blue and red lines.

There's low point drain under our 2014 BH 3160 centered just behind the rear leveling jack.

- - - Updated - - -

Don

Our dealer (last year) and us this year just blow out the lines and put antifreeze in the drains. No need for antifreeze in the water lines. If you blow them out, not enough water left to damage the lines.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There's low point drain under our 2014 BH 3160 centered just behind the rear leveling jack.

- - - Updated - - -

Our dealer (last year) and us this year just blow out the lines and put antifreeze in the drains. No need for antifreeze in the water lines. If you blow them out, not enough water left to damage the lines.

Hope you don't have a washing machine and leave it unattended over the winter in freezing/subzero temperatures. Air pressure doesn't work with it, you need to operate it and flow antifreeze into it. This was a mini-geyser under the cover that I didn't catch until water was dripping off the king pin. The result of not winterizing properly with antifreeze, thinking pouring a little into the drum and running it a bit would work. It did, I guess, for the pump at the bottom, but not for the water distribution assembly at the top. It also forced me to install a drain pan, which the dealer did not do when they installed it in the front closet.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you have and outside shower, that would probably be the lowest drain point.

Our Prowler has the low point drains . . . but I can't get the quick connect to attach to our outdoor shower (already tried the screwdriver and hammer trick).