How much did you pay for your PDI?

Mburtsvt

I’m hoping the team would appreciate my response to an email I made to a local Heartland dealer. This is my response when I requested the current MSRP sheet. I’m not going to reveal the dealer or sales rep for now. I’m still holding out hope.

————————————————-
Dear (Name Withheld):

This is not a great way to start off a potential relationship with a customer. You sent me a list of product from 2012! This is NOT the current MSRP list from Heartland.

Just to bring you up to date - The Grand Canyon, Key Largo, Monterey, San Antonio, Savannah, and Sequoia are NO LONGER MADE! In addition please don’t insult me by writing, “Factory Incentive Now” in the discount section of this old MSRP sheet! This is a standard discount for the “interior and exterior package” that Heartland removed from the MSRP OF ALL UNITS. The reasons for this is to make it easier to add and remove “standard” options.

Please go back and review my template as far as options and add in the MSRP on my specific 2016 Madison unit!
Get a hold of your buyer if you need additional information to complete my template.

I have appointments on Oct 22ed in (withheld) and I would like the current information. If I have time I would like to meet and go over a few other details.

Finally - If this is out of your “comfort level” please forward to another sales rep who is more familiar with the current Heartland product line.

Thanks in advance.

M Burt

Bones

I’m hoping the team would appreciate my response to an email I made to a local Heartland dealer. This is my response when I requested the current MSRP sheet. I’m not going to reveal the dealer or sales rep for now. I’m still holding out hope.

————————————————-
Dear (Name Withheld):

This is not a great way to start off a potential relationship with a customer. You sent me a list of product from 2012! This is NOT the current MSRP list from Heartland.

Just to bring you up to date - The Grand Canyon, Key Largo, Monterey, San Antonio, Savannah, and Sequoia are NO LONGER MADE! In addition please don’t insult me by writing, “Factory Incentive Now” in the discount section of this old MSRP sheet! This is a standard discount for the “interior and exterior package” that Heartland removed from the MSRP OF ALL UNITS. The reasons for this is to make it easier to add and remove “standard” options.

Please go back and review my template as far as options and add in the MSRP on my specific 2016 Madison unit!
Get a hold of your buyer if you need additional information to complete my template.

I have appointments on Oct 22ed in (withheld) and I would like the current information. If I have time I would like to meet and go over a few other details.

Finally - If this is out of your “comfort level” please forward to another sales rep who is more familiar with the current Heartland product line.

Thanks in advance.

M Burt
I have only one comment. No offense meant. If you need to write a letter like this to a dealership who has an old msrp sheet and doesn't care to update it then you really really really probably don't want to buy from them because they probably are not going to be able to meet your expectations and you may be one very unhappy camper. You don't want to be an unhappy camper. Just my two cents.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have only one comment. No offense meant. If you need to write a letter like this to a dealership who has an old msrp sheet and doesn't care to update it then you really really really probably don't want to buy from them because they probably are not going to be able to meet your expectations and you may be one very unhappy camper. You don't want to be an unhappy camper. Just my two cents.

And to add to that, I doubt after receiving that letter that they will want to work with him anyway, no matter who was at fault.

Mburtsvt

And to add to that, I doubt after receiving that letter that they will want to work with him anyway, no matter who was at fault.

Surprisingly I’m a pretty easy going guy. I work hard at getting all of the information together before I head off to the dealer. I look forward to the dealer saying something like, “I’m sorry sir we may not be the dealer for you”. It took four Ford dealers to finally sell me a new truck! I don’t value a dealer relationship until they prove that they can earn my business. It’s my money they want - earn it!

I have not even meet this salesperson yet. We have only emailed. My expectations are low. I will give him, and his dealership, every opportunity to work up from there.

I get what Bones is saying. I’m not counting on ANY dealer to meet ALL of my expectations - but they will know it.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We paid nothing I would look for a dealership that doesn't charge not sure why they feel they can charge you as in my opinion it's part of the price they sell the unit for that is part of their profit line. It's like buying a new car when the salesman goes over all your options not sure why it would be different for an RV.