How strong is the front landing gear.

Joebethlamb

Hello All,

Just wondering what the capacity is of the landing gear on our rig (SD 3270RES).
We are full-timing it and will be parked in the same place for a few months. Should we add any additional supports? Or is the landing gear strong enough alone?

danemayer

Hi JoeBethLamb,

I don't know the number, but if you think about it, fifth wheel trailers rest on their front landing jacks all the time, except when hitched up to a truck. You shouldn't need any other supports.

mobilcastle

I have standard front electric jacks. I drilled and oiled my front jack screws since that seems to be where the problem starts(rust) when someone has trouble. I also make sure the top drive gears stay greased. Good luck.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hello All,

Just wondering what the capacity is of the landing gear on our rig (SD 3270RES).
We are full-timing it and will be parked in the same place for a few months. Should we add any additional supports? Or is the landing gear strong enough alone?
Jose, if you have the hydraulic landing gear, I believe the newest jacks are rated at 14,000 lbs total. I don't know the figure for the electric gear reduction units but you won't have any problems.

Joebethlamb

danemayer

Whew,

I was hoping that is the case. Lol. I was just reading some posts n the forum about landing gear problems and just wanted to be sure.

Mobilcastle,

I will keep that in mind and be sure to do the same.

Ray,

My landing gear is electric. Not sure what it is rated at though.
Where could I find out about what they are rated at?

Thank you all for the replies.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have the Venture 9000 series, then each leg is rated at 2500 lbs. 5000 lbs. for the system.
This information may be outdated, but it is the latest that I have.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• pk_specs_and_installation.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 19