How to Adjust Settled Front Hyd. Jack

I have a 2012 3585RL that is level side to side at the axles and rear jacks but it seems one of the front hyd. jacks has settled. How do I adjust just one at a time? I have read other posts and it looks like I can't do it. So do I need to jack up one corner then either drop a leg or add a board? Hyd. jacks are great until you need to adjust individually. Thanks for any response, Dave

TedS

The landing legs will self adjust as you extend them to get the trailer back up to level. Raise the rear stabilizers before you raise the front of the trailer, then reset the rear stabilizers after raising the front.

The landing legs will self adjust as you extend them to get the trailer back up to level. Raise the rear stabilizers before you raise the front of the trailer, then reset the rear stabilizers after raising the front.

So all I have to do is press the switch and it will self level? Sounds to good to be true.!! This is my 1st. experience with this system. Learning curve.

hoefler

It won't re-level its self, it will raise or lower both of them equally. Back your truck under it like you are hooking it up, lower the trailer on the truck and raise both legs off the ground, then lower the legs back down and raise the trailer off the truck like you normally would when setting up. This will reset the legs to work in tandem at the proper difference to maintain side to side level.

I'll have to use my trusty jack since I had this rig delivered to my seasonal site. No hitch. That decision
might bite me sometime down the road. Ha

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'll have to use my trusty jack since I had this rig delivered to my seasonal site. No hitch. That decision
might bite me sometime down the road. Ha
Dave, does your rig have the level up system or just the standard front hydraulics? If you have the latter, try as suggested earlier. Just retract the front legs a few inches and then extend as needed to get back to level. They are designed to extend with equal pressure once both legs hit the ground. Raise the rear jacks off the ground before doing this and then once level, lower them back down. I would check for slight fluid leakage at the front leg hydraulic lines.

Dave, does your rig have the level up system or just the standard front hydraulics? If you have the latter, try as suggested earlier. Just retract the front legs a few inches and then extend as needed to get back to level. They are designed to extend with equal pressure once both legs hit the ground. Raise the rear jacks off the ground before doing this and then once level, lower them back down. I would check for slight fluid leakage at the front leg hydraulic lines.

Ray, I think it is standard. I'm not sure what a level up system is and never heard it mentioned during the PDI. This rig was brought and set-up by the rv dealer this spring. I'm hoping that the ground just settled. I'm going to run the slides in and do what you guys have suggested. Also check for a leak. Never know. I might as well learn how to do this because I was told after a Minnesota winter I'll have to do it again next spring. Always something. Thanks for all your help. Great forum.