how to attach flag buddy?

u243412

Hey folks,

I'm going to order a flag buddy for our Cyclone 3010. (16')

I'm trying to figure out where to mount the flag.

The flag buddy normally attaches to the ladder - but I don't take along the ladder on our trips. (no room and can't drive with ladder on as it's on side of rig)
I don't have the time or patience to use the tire mount when spotting the rig. (and I think it would just smack against the side of the rig) And I don't want it on the truck tire.
I have a cover on the hitch - and that's too small of a flag to mount.
I don't believe I can attach the flag buddy to the back ramp door as there is no clearance for the flag buddy.

Any good ideas how to attach a flag buddy to a Cyclone? (btw there is no bumper to mount it to)

thanks,

GOTTOYS

A flag buddy is designed to mount to a ladder and nothing else. I have one on my ladder and it works nicely. If you don't have a ladder I can't see an easy way to mount this elsewhere. You might want to look at an alternate mount like the ones that go under one of your wheels..Don

Bksvo

I leave the ladder on the side, and haven't had any problems. You'll wish you had it on if you have problems with a vent or a/c unit when you're away from home.

u243412

I ordered the 16' flag buddy today - I just called the president of Flag Buddy and ordered it from her direct. Nice lady.
Got a CDN flag instead of a US flag and also 2nd flag.
The price of the CDN flag at Flag Buddy is half that of the same flag here at Canadian Tire.

I've decided there is no better mount for me than the ladder - so I'll have to take along the ladder just to fly our flag.
I fly 3 CDN flags at our home - so I'd better fly 'em when I'm out quad'n. lol

Now I guess I gotta figure out how to carry the ladder inside the garage. As I recall, it usually laid kitty corner in the garage... but when we have the bikes or quads in there - I might try to mount it under the lower bed bunk.

I tried driving around with the ladder off the side of the Cyclone - felt weird, seemed to really hang out, and is illegal from what I can tell in Canada. (width restrictions) That said, some TH's do it anyway.

porthole

Retired
Dave's link has other uses too that I can see. Sat TV antenna, cell or wifi antennas. Good find Dave.

If you go a receiver mount, you don't have to weld. You can get a short, bolt on receiver that is perfect for the trailer.

I mounted mine behind the left rear tire and in front of the fuel cell.
Search my mods link. I would do it but I'm using a phone for this.

BTW, in the States, the max width is 8.5' but that specifically excludes "appurtenances", like your awnings and ladder.
Only issue I have seen with the ladder is going through toll booths.

iPhone using Tapatalk

ccupton

We bought our flag pole and holder from www.polesandholders.com We have two on our rig and love their products. We had one of our poles broken in three places at a nascar race and they replaced it for free. Great company to deal with.

Cyclone Traveler

I have two flag buddies permanently mounted to our trailer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344200434.464641.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1344200504.529825.jpg

More installation pics:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/27212-Continual-Modification-to-our-3210

pegmikef

We bought our flag pole and holder from www.polesandholders.com We have two on our rig and love their products. We had one of our poles broken in three places at a nascar race and they replaced it for free. Great company to deal with.

I have the 22' pole and bought the holder from polesandholders.com. They have several innovative holders. The one I use just goes under one of my stabilizer jacks so I can put it under any of the jacks dependent on the tree cover. Works great and I think it was less than twenty bucks.