How to raise front landing gears manually for 2014 5th wheel Torque?

awu37111

We bought 2014 heartland 5th wheel torque toy hauler. This is our 1st trip. Before the trip, the landing gear was broke. We could not raise the RV front portion in order to hook up with the truck. We managed to make it working in a different way. Later on, we read the owner’s manual. It says we can raise the RV front manually. Can someone give us hint how to do it?

Thank you in advance
Allyson

Bogie

If you have electric landing gear (not hydraulic) there should be a manual crank rod that you can attach to the gear motor of the landing gear mechanism. Gear motor is usually in the left side when you look in the front compartment. Should be a hole that allows you to put the hand crank in from the outside. The hole may be inside the propane tank compartment.

awu37111

@Bogie, thank you for your help. I looked at the left and right side of propane tank compartment, I don’t find a hole that allow me to put the hand crank tool. What location possibly is in the compartment?

Bogie

Look at the gear motor for the landing gear. There should be short shaft sticking out towards the outside of RV. There should be a hole directly opposite the shaft.