Hydraulic bleed-over?

exdwarfer

Gettin ready for our first outing! After pulling in the slides, raising the electric rear stabilizers, Then extended the front hydraulic landing gear to hook-up the TV. After securing the hitch, retracted the gear, raised and latched the pads. Then as I turned around, noticed the bedroom and kitchen slides were partially extended!
Has anyone else had this happen? Is there some kind of bleed-over between the slide and landing gerar hydraulics? Or is this something I just have to remember to watch for!

TedS

I would guess that the solenoid valves to the slides did not quite close and fluid flowed into the slide cylinders when the landing legs were operated.

You could isolate the slides, shut them off, by closing the manual valves near the hydraulic pump. At least that is where they are in my 2985RL. Retract the slides, shut off their valves, operate the landing legs and see if the slides move out. If the slides don't move, then the solenoid valves are at fault.

jnbhobe

it could possibly have A little air in the system as you use it the air will dissipate

Thats what I would think is the problem. Cycle the slides and landing gear a few times to see if that solves the problem. Jon

hoefler

Thats what I would think is the problem. Cycle the slides and landing gear a few times to see if that solves the problem. Jon

I also agree with this conclusion. When you cycle the slides and landing gear, go stop to stop. You will find that the system will work smoother when all the air is purged.

exdwarfer

Thanks for the replies!

Just returned from our weekend outing and they worked fine! No other concerns on this initial campout other than needing to tighten-up the strings on a few of the day/night shades so they would stay in position.

At this stage of our HEARTLAND experience, they make a great product and we're proud to be part of the family!

John & Dianna