Hydraulic bleeding and creaking

dsealund

I have a 2019 Elkridge with the 6 point Hydraulic system. It constantly creaks and slowly dips on the right front need and to re level after about 3weeks. Any suggestions would be great. I know the left side Hydraulic ram for the slide out was recently replaced not sure if this has something to do with it.

david-steph2018

Here is a copy of fluid replacement recommended by Lippert for the creaking/popping sounds:
The slowly dipping can be a leak, losing fluid out of the system, or a leak in the valve body. If leaking in the valve body there could be debris (dirt, etc...) from the work performed earlier.

LBR

I have a 2019 Elkridge with the 6 point Hydraulic system. It constantly creaks and slowly dips on the right front need and to re level after about 3weeks. Any suggestions would be great. I know the left side Hydraulic ram for the slide out was recently replaced not sure if this has something to do with it.

Yes, it probably had everything to do with it.

You probably have air in the system if any component had been opened up hydraulically, such as yours. The remedy is to cycle the system repeatedly to bleed air from all lines and cylinders (6 legs plus slides) which purges all air back to the hydraulic reservoir to escape the system.

Routemaster

This solved my problem. I created a datum so that all six off the cribbing were level and sat the tub on them.
Last week I had an RV technician decline to deal with this problem, dun all the cycling plus the Fork oil even changing out all the needle valves was no joy then it was suggested that this one leg could be passing the oil past the seal inside there is no repair kit and only a new leg would do it I don't appear to be losing oil. Go figure.

Attachments

• Cribbimg.JPG
    Cribbimg.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9