Hydraulic Breaker???

BigBlue

BigBlue
how about a 50 and 30 in series.
That won't work. With the breakers in series, the 30 amp will trip when 30 amps flows through it and that opens the circuit. You might think that putting them in parallel than would work but you can't guarantee that 50 amps goes through the 50 amp breaker and 30 amps goes through the 30 amp breaker. The solution is to get the 80 amp breaker.

Buford445

When they said to put a 80amp BREAKER in DID They say Anything About Replacing the WIRE WITH BIGGER WIRE !!!!!! Don't know much about RV's but being a Electrician what I have learned YOU CAN'T Just put Bigger Breakers in and Leave the smaller wire ???

navyAZ1

We had this same problem when our coach was only about 1½ years old, our 2008 BH 3055RL only had a 40 amp breaker to operate the slides. Took it back to our dealer and they suggested installing an additional 40 amp breaker in parallel using #6 wire. It has worked fine ever since. I seem to remember there being a recall put out by Lippert on coaches like ours that only had the 40 amp breaker their remedy was to install a larger breaker. I'm not for sure but I think I read this on RV.Net and not here on our Forum.