50 to 80 amp breaker swap

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I am finally getting around to the swap due to the leveling stopping and starting 3-4 times when retracting, and the main slides stopping at least once when retracting. I have the new 80 amp breaker that Lippert recommended awhile back. I believe I also need to go with a bigger wire as well. My main question is, where do I wire the bigger breaker in? Do I leave the 50 amp on the buss bar intact and just run a wire from it to the breaker and then the other to the pump? Any help would be great, diagrams even better. Or if you have a better idea please let me know.

sengli

No you by pass the 50 amp circuit. The new 80 amp breaker goes in its own separately wired circuit, from the battery to the hydraulic pump.

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 43

sjross

After experiencing this issue and reading all I could find online, I've received the same 80 amp breaker to replace the 50 amp on my Bighorn 3575el (new 2AWG cables on order). I have a question ... does anyone know what the thin red wire is on the other side of the current 50 amp breaker? I've attempted to trace it but cant figure it out. I'm going straight from the battery to the 80 Amp and then to the hydraulic pimp, just not sure if I'll screw something up somewhere else. As you can tell, I'm not an electrician!

Attachments

• IMG_3471.jpeg
    IMG_3471.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

Dahillbilly

try disconnecting the small wire & see what doesn't work; then you'll know what that wire is for. Can't damage anything that way