Hydraulic Level-up

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I have to agree with JimB's report on water getting into stabilizer motor ,from around the wire. I was showing my son how they worked one day and it just hummed a little. I then pulled the rubber end cap off and actually poured water out of it. I took it off disassembled ,dryed it out and sanded corrosion off all the contact parts. I was lucky the motor runs like new, check for water and add a dab of caulk/sealer around the wire and end cap.......Kenny

Thanks Kenny, as I said in the previous post we found the boor cracked and not sealing on the motor.

We had a ton of rain overnight (Saturday) and maybe moisture got into the motor-but then drove in heavy rain and they worked. Course, it may have been the big hammer i showed it that made it start working again. :eek:

FordMan1966

I have a steep driveway and when the dealer brought the Grand Canyon over to see if it had proper clearance to get into my driveway the jacks just behind the wheels would hit my driveway. So I ordered a Grand Canyon without the level up system. Can't wait it is starting down the line tomorrow and headed to the paint shop on the 27th of February. Wont be much longer.

The Level up feature is great and convenient option for most people. There are only two things to take in consideration when purchasing this option. The first is that towards the back of the unit the level up rear hydraulic jacks do hang down slightly below the frame. It is not low enough to cause any concern for most people, the only exception would be for some customers that take there toy haulers into extreme off road conditions where there is a lot of un-even terrain. The other concern is that, when the unit is in the "leveled up" position it raises the unit higher than the standard set up. The higher the unit sits up the greater the approach angle becomes on the ramp door when you load your toys in the rear.

porthole

Retired
I have a steep driveway and when the dealer brought the Grand Canyon over to see if it had proper clearance to get into my driveway the jacks just behind the wheels would hit my driveway. So I ordered a Grand Canyon without the level up system. Can't wait it is starting down the line tomorrow and headed to the paint shop on the 27th of February. Wont be much longer.

My driveway is steep

F-350_&_Cyclone_July-11_07_b.jpg

Did you actually see the jacks hit or did it look like they "might hit".
Did the dealer look to see if the rear jacks were height adjustable? All of the add-on systems have height adjustments.

My jacks will hit too, especially if the garage is loaded.
What I do is dump all the air in the hitch (or air bags if you have those). This lowers the front and raise the back.
Mine will still just hit but now they will hit "flat" and just slide up the driveway. It is concrete so no damage to the driveway

If the garage is loaded I will put down two boards I made up. 2x10x8.
I set the long board across the driveway/street interface and then built up the gaps with shorter pieces. Glued and screwed together.
Drilled some hole sand made rope handles.

I will go through the trouble of using the boards or unloading the garage in the street (bike and cart) before I gave up LevelUP!

porthole

Retired
There are only two things to take in consideration when purchasing this option.

1. The first is that towards the back of the unit the level up rear hydraulic jacks do hang down slightly below the frame. It is not low enough to cause any concern for most people, the only exception would be for some customers that take there toy haulers into extreme off road conditions where there is a lot of un-even terrain.
  2. The other concern is that, when the unit is in the "leveled up" position it raises the unit higher than the standard set up. The higher the unit sits up the greater the approach angle becomes on the ramp door when you load your toys in the rear.

Since the original post is in the Cyclone forum AJ brought up these two points.

But - not just for toy haulers, the comment about raising the trailer extra high using the LevelUp jacks.

The trial Air LevelUp exaggerates the height when doing it's self level. And at times the trailer can be too high. "Think" the trailer parked sideways on an incline and the DS is facing downhill. Mike and Ann had this last year in PA. The simple fix in their case would have been to just turn around and run longer hoses.

You do not have to use the auto feature to level the trailer.

Level the front as you would any trailer without level up.
Drop all the rear jacks to the ground and just let them touch. Give them enough extension to just move the trailer a fraction. Now you have taken most of the weight off the springs. Want it level - use the manual control and level as needed moving only one side.

Doing it this way keeps the trailer as low to the ground as possible and is no different in height ramp angles then when using boards or blocks to level one side.

And for toy haulers with all the fancy hydraulics, before leveling use the front jacks to raise the trailer well above level. This make s for a less steep ramp. This is especially useful on the 3010 series with the 7 foot door (8' door on the full size TH's)

I agree, stop the build and add the level up.
I have a 2011 Big Country 3450TS and added the 6 point level-up last June at the Goshen Rally.
My front electric jacks were replaced with hydraulic jacks.
I wouldn't be without it.
You will regret not having ordered it.
I'm spending the Winter in Gulf Shores, Alabama and at present have 6 hydraulic jacks down and the 2 rear electrics down. I have 8 points on the ground.
I use the rears from time to time, so they get excerise and will not bind up.

Hockster

=====================================================================================================================================

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I only have about 2 months experience with the Level Up. The hydraulic side of the is system so far has worked well. My electric stabilizers are tied into the system and they failed to retract this morning. Had to hand crank them up. Glad our friend Lance was there to help crank. When we got home they extended and retracted fine-go figure.

We have been around people who have quite a bit of experience with the Level Up. Never heard any complaints of the legs bending or getting knocked off. Only issues seem to be a software problem from time to time.

Yep, got my exercise for the day! I was concern when Larry was cranking away.....there was a creaking, low pitched, moaning sound that was coming from the rear of his Landmark.....then I realized it was coming from Larry!!!!:rolleyes: