Hydraulic Question

IP076

When checking the fluid level in the Hydraulic reservoir, is it dependent on the position of the jacks?

I've looked through the books with the RV, they indicate slides retracted but no mention of the jacks?

Also, could someone confirm that they're not independent systems? The jacks and the slides use the same reservoir correct? Also just DEX III/Mercon 5 ATF?

My rig is a 2016 Bighorn 3270RS.

Thanks!

PondSkum

I'm not 100%, but I believe all slides and jacks should be retracted. If you overfill with them extended, it could overflow and cause a mess when you retract them and fluid makes it's return to the reservior.

danemayer

When checking the fluid level in the Hydraulic reservoir, is it dependent on the position of the jacks?

I've looked through the books with the RV, they indicate slides retracted but no mention of the jacks?

Also, could someone confirm that they're not independent systems? The jacks and the slides use the same reservoir correct? Also just DEX III/Mercon 5 ATF?

My rig is a 2016 Bighorn 3270RS.

Thanks!

There's one hydraulic pump and tank that operates the slides and the jacks. To get a good reading on the fluid level, slides must be in and jacks must be retracted - which means you have to hitch up. And yes you have the ATF recommendations right, although I believe they say any synthetic ATF will work.