Hydraulic slide outs

jnbhobe

Dale; Its pretty easy just mount them near each other and jumper wire the battery side to the battery side of the second breaker and the same with the accessory side. Its like jumping a car positive to positive and negative to negative.

Dale Smith

Wow!!!
Sounds like I even I might be able to handle that! I would expect this means that the wiring that I use for the jumper pieces should be of the same size as the wiring that is running to this single breaker presently? I expect that I will have to make up these short pieces of wire with islets on the ends, in order to do a neat looking job of the project. Since my trailer is now approximately 500 miles from my location, could you tell me the gauge of wire that is running to and from this slide room breaker? I recall that it was quite heavy but I'm not quite sure of the gauge.

Thanks again for the help.

Dale :eek:

jnbhobe

Dale; I'm guessing but I think its 8 guage wire. As far as getting the job done, It sounds like you got the idea under control.

Bob says it's 6 guage wire. and you know bigger is better!!

Last edited:

Dale Smith

Thanks folks for all the good advice. I will make up some 6gauge jumper wires to have ready for this project once I am in contact with my trailer again. (End of December)

In the meantime, stay safe and stay warm!

Dale

yepuhuh

update:
They replaced the hydraulic motor as well as increase the circuit wiring to support 80 amps from 50......Under warranty as well. it shoudl have been.

Rnurse89

Help! I'm stuck in a campground and my slides won't come in the hydralic pump near the generator has a huge bubble in the red tube and it's about to explode! Service man can't come until tomorrow. Anybody got any ideas?

jimtoo

Hi Rnurse89,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

If your pump will not run at all, then you need to check the wiring from the battery to the pump motor to find the fuse or circuit breaker with a red cover over it. If it has a breaker it may be tripped and the reset button is on the side of it. Check for fuse or breaker and let us know what you find. Also I don't think the pump can pump enough pressure to cause one of the hoses to rupture.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
I'd say wait for service, unless you are handy and have some tools. PM if you want my idea.

iPhone using Tapatalk