I cry a bit every time I open up the manual...

u243412

Is it just me - or does Heartland have one generic manual for all of their trailers?
The manual that came with mine doesn't cover much more than a basic trailer - and most of it's lingo is for bumper pulls. And seriously - do I need to know every kind of UDC setup there is? How about a manual for my unit? And do you think they could identify which coxial plug is for what? (in the manual) The manual is Heartlands weakest area. MO

But more to my point. I was looking to see if there are any freshwater tank heater pads that go around the freshwater tank to keep it from freezing on cool nights. Other trailers around here have them (and thus a switch to activate the heater). I can't find a switch so I assume I don't have one.

djlogan

Couldn't agree more about the marginally useful owners manual. It would not cost Heartland very much to have a top notch tech writer produce a really useful owners manual for each specific model line. I had Sundance first and now a Bighorn and the manuals were identical. I would love to take on the task of writing tech manuals/owners manuals for Heartland. Maybe even include basic wiring and plumbing diagrams!! Wouldn't that be useful?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
True statements. But there precise operating manuals in the "wiki" that you can download.

hotonpi

I would love to have a better organized/specific manual for my Cyclone 3950. The other day I was winterizing it and (unknown at the time) had a kink in a hose behnd the water heater panel that prevented any anti-freeze being pumped throughout the water system. I went in search of the appropriate info sheet detailing the function of the winterizing valve and spent several long minutes sorting through TV diagrams, furnace detail sheets, stove lighting instructions, Dometic user manuals, etc., before finding a the single page sheet with details on the valve in question. What a hassle. Eventually i figured out the problem on my own, but the winterizing valve sheet did help.

Whirly

I too am more than a bit perturbed that the owners manual is so generic. I just purchased a 2012 Cyclone 3800, my first 5th wheel, and am very disapointed that black and gray water tank valves are not marked, and very little info on winterizing. I am picking up info from these forums, but I am still not sure where the antifreeze goes into the lines. I don't see any short pieces of hose from a pump. Anyone got suggestions?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I too am more than a bit perturbed that the owners manual is so generic. I just purchased a 2012 Cyclone 3800, my first 5th wheel, and am very disappointed that black and gray water tank valves are not marked, and very little info on winterizing. I am picking up info from these forums, but I am still not sure where the antifreeze goes into the lines. I don't see any short pieces of hose from a pump. Anyone got suggestions?
Whirly, welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. My rig is one of the older versions of the docking center so I may not be much help. Mine has the short hose connected right near the inlet side of the water pump. It is located behind the basement wall, directly behind the docking center. Hopefully, someone with a newer rig will confirm.
Consider joining us in Wisconsin in August for our Owners Club Rally. Any Heartland owners are welcome.

Whirly

Thanks Ray,
We are relatively new to RVing so many of my struggles may just be due to that and new Rig, and lack of instructions doesn't help. I plan to retire end of Dec and maybe spend time on Alabama coast so my wife can get out of the cold. Where abouts is the August rally in Wisconsin? Sounds like fun and maybe I could learn alot.

Whirly

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Whirly, read all about the Wisconsin Rally RIGHT HERE.
All of the Heartland rallies are listed on the right hand side of the Portal Page. You may find one in an area where you travel. You are welcome to attend any rally.

Peace
Dave