I got reminded of a lesson I learned along time ago.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well Rex, I guess I owe you one. I went down and uncovered my boat so I could run up the engine and install the lights to get it ready to go out tonight to watch the fireworks. And yes, of course there was a yellow jacket nest just under the cover on the engine. It is about a fifty-fifty chance that there will be one, but thanks to this thread you started, I was very cautious lifting the cover and I was armed with terminator wasp/hornet sprayer killer. Normally, I never think about it until they are chasing me. Thanks, Mike

Glad to help Mike. Especially all the folks who are allergic to them things should be careful. I've been around guys while I was in the service that had Medical Warning Tags for bee stings and the had to carry a kit with them. Their throats would swell up and cause other respiratory failures.

Bad stuff

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Say Rex can we call you Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer I too belong to the 9 year old club, we were throwing rocks and sticks at a nest. The got really MAD and they were fast we finally made it to the creek and jumped in. That probably saved us... weren't we smart back then... Say how is your new Bighorn I'm sure you and Stacey really like iy. looking forward to mseeing you guys in November... Watch those yellowjackets..

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Say Rex can we call you Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer I too belong to the 9 year old club, we were throwing rocks and sticks at a nest. The got really MAD and they were fast we finally made it to the creek and jumped in. That probably saved us... weren't we smart back then... Say how is your new Bighorn I'm sure you and Stacey really like iy. looking forward to mseeing you guys in November... Watch those yellowjackets..

I don't care what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner.

New BH is great. We haven't had it out since we got home from Gillette, but, I've been going over it and doing some "personalizing" you know how it is. We are leaving on the 12th and going to MI for a couple of months. I've got a list of warranty items and an appointment in Elkheart to get them fixed. I've visited with Kary Katzenberger he is the Landmark/Big Horn Brand Mgr and has me an appointment to get it fixed.

Just so everyone knows, Kary (and everyone else at Heartland) has been great. From the word go there has never been a question just a we will get it fixed.

Rodbuster

My story goes like this. About 30 years ago when we were in New Hampshire, I got nailed by yellow jackets pretty bad.

One December Fran and I purchased a living Christmas tree. We had it all decorated for the Christmas season and then we planted it outside the following spring. A few years went by and it grew to be a healthy 12 to 14 foot tree. One day I was raking leaves, wearing just a pair of shorts. While I was raking under this tree I hit an inground nest of yellow jackets. Too bad the Olympics were not being held at my house....man, I would have won the gold.

I had multiple stings all around my mid section. A few hours went by and I started feeling real draggy and tired. Fran insisted I go to the hospital...I did. The doctor counted 17 stings. He said that there were probably more but that was all that he could find because my belly was swollen up so bad.

People today think that I have a bit of a pot belly. I mention this story and tell them... "the swelling never went down".

Dick